2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2014 5:39 AM by KeithD

Automatically Reload Externally Modified Files not working

KeithD

When I modify a file externally (eg with Notepad++), the Automatically Reload Externally Modified Files feature does not work.  This is regardless of whether or not Automatically Reload Externally Modified Files or Silently Reload When File Is Unmodified checkboxes are checked in Environment Preferences.

Oracle SQL Developer 4.0.2.15, build 15.21, x64

Java Platform 1.7.0_55

Windows 7 Professional 64bit

I have noticed other forum threads talking about this, but they have all been archived:

https://community.oracle.com/message/1244946#1244946

Bug 9.0.3.3: no editor refresh for externally modified files

Current workaround - use SQL Developer 3.2.20.09 instead.

• 1. Re: Automatically Reload Externally Modified Files not working
          Gary Graham-Oracle

The links you reference are very old, and one (actually for JDeveloper) predates the existence SQL Developer.  The automatic reload works fine for me, both for Notepad and Notepad++.  Since it also works for you with the 3.2.2 release, I can only assume your user settings for 4.0.2 got corrupted somehow.  If you migrated them from 3.2.20.09.87 or some other release, I recommend...

1. Exiting SQL Developer

2. Deleting or renaming %APPDATA%\SQL Developer\system4.0.2.15.21

3. Keep in mind that Windows by default, considers the AppData folder portion of C:\Users\<username>\AppData to be hidden.

4. Start SQL Developer and skip past any prompts about migration of user settings.

Hope this helps,

Gary

SQL Developer Team

• 2. Re: Automatically Reload Externally Modified Files not working
            KeithD

Thanks Gary, that's solved it.

And oops, didn't notice the dates on the links I included, sorry about that!