7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 3, 2014 6:24 AM by 2659745 RSS

OSM Administrator log-in issue

Hi,

I installed OSM 7.2.2 on my linux.  I am having issues login into OSM administrator installed on my windows 8.1. I changed omscfg.xml to point to my OSM server running on linux. I get error ORA-12541:TNS:no listener. I thought OSM administrator gets connected OSM server. why is it trying to get connected to database directly? where can I configure TNS so that I can log in into OSM Administrator?

I already installed ODAC on windows

I used linux 64 bit OSM media pack to install OSM Administrator. DO I need to use 32 media pack?

Thanks

• 1. Re: OSM Administrator log-in issue

install oracle client,it will solve a problem

• 2. Re: OSM Administrator log-in issue

Like I said, I already installed ODAC. It is like Oracle client.

My question was like, where do configure particular TNS with OSM administrator software. It only allows you to configure OSM server (weblogic ) details,not database details.

OSM administrator should be talking to server, not to database directly.Hence does not need TNS details and it still asking for it

• 3. Re: OSM Administrator log-in issue
              N.J

Hi,

I see you already installed the ODAC and it has nothing to do with TNS or any other configuration.

If you have already installed Database server(Oracle 11g), then this problem might occur.

As a work around, you can set the Environment Variables > System Variables > PATH, include ODAC/bin path and remove Database Server path. This is how it worked for me. Give it a try.

Thanks

Naveen Jabade

• 4. Re: OSM Administrator log-in issue

Thanks. I appreciate your help Naveen

After doing that I get this message;

ORA-12505: TNS:listner does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor.

Do I need to give Connect descriptor some where for OSM administrator? The login window   ask only user name, password, weblogic host ip and weblogic port. Even omscfg.xml does not ask that.

This is client running on windows that is accessing OSM server running on linux. If this is using database connection, there should should be a place in OSM administrator app  where I give configure on server database. Where it should go?

• 5. Re: OSM Administrator log-in issue
                  N.J

In order to connect to OSM Admin, we don't need to configure any TNS. All is that OSM Admin looks for Login, Password, IP & port.

We can connect to OSM Admin from windows to server running on linux, no issues.

Two verification steps

1) one more time check, Environment Variables > System Variables > PATH, include ODAC/bin path and remove Database Server path.

2)  check if ODAC has bin directory ? If it is there, try to install Windows 32-bit installer.

Thanks

Naveen

• 6. Re: OSM Administrator log-in issue

This is what I did;

I completely uninstalled database server I had

I uninstalled ODAC to just to start with clean slate.

I installed ODAC

I installed OSM Administror

I still get ORA-12541:TNS:no listener error.

Again I uninstalled ODAC only and installed Oracle database administrator 32 client. Tried to log into OSM Administrator I still get the same error.

Is it the problem with windows 8.1 I have?

• 7. Re: OSM Administrator log-in issue

Issue is resolved.

Every thing I did on windows is correct.

The issue is,  jdbc configuration of OSM database on weblogic server which is installed on linux. This has localhost in url for connection pool. I changed it to ip address. This issue came up as I installed both weblogic and database on same machine with same ip. So jdbc is configured with localhost instead of ip by default. when OSM Administrator is trying to login database through weblogic, it is using localhos(windows) and not finding listener.

Thanks