2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2014 4:08 AM by Abdul Shaikh RSS

Weblogic Server 10.3.6.0.8 one of data sources failing while other 6 not

user12114358

Hello,

I have 7 data sources connecting to the same database schema. After I upgraded the environment (production) day before yesterday evening I noticed one of the data sources start failing with exception below:

"Connection test failed with the following exception: weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourceUnavailableException: No resources currently available in pool ePayBatchDS to allocate to applications.

Either specify a time period to wait for resources to become available, or increase the size of the pool and retry.."

The data source capacity size is Min:1 Max:30, I increased to be as 1-50, after change it is worked for 15 minutes then it back again giving the same error message above. Please not that I have in production two servers as high availability approach however I upgraded one of them till now only and the same data source in the old server not failing.

Please advise.

Old Environment Specifications:

Weblogic Server version: 10.3.4.0

JDK: 1.6.0 update 32 64-bit

New Environment Specifications:

Weblogic Server version: 10.3.6.0.8

OS: Solaris 11.1 (64-Bit Mode) SRU 20 (18 June 2014 patchset).

JDK: 1.7.0 update 55 64-bit

Thanks,

Mohd.

• 1. Re: Weblogic Server 10.3.6.0.8 one of data sources failing while other 6 not
          Joe Weinstein-Oracle

The basic symptom you show implies that one or more applications using that

datasource have taken all the connections out of the pool, and have not yet

returned them for re-use. This is often an application thread-safety or code-path

problem where the connection they get is either overwritten by another thread,

or the reference to the connection is lost before it is closed. This is a 'leak'.

If you turn on WebLogic leak profiling and set an idle-connection-timeout setting,

the pool will retract those lost connections making them available again, and

also show you where in your code you would need to check for the leak.

• 2. Re: Weblogic Server 10.3.6.0.8 one of data sources failing while other 6 not
            Abdul Shaikh

Hii,

No resources currently available in pool ePayBatchDS to allocate to applications.

This exception cleaarly shows the connection are not available to allocate to ePayBatchDS  datasource.

As you said there are altogether 7 data source out which six are working and one is not.

In general if you are creating a datasource and providing a connection pool size we should consider the number of connection available or allowed at the database side as well.

Please cross check at the DB side the number of connection available and based on that try to tune the connection pool size in your data sources.

Regards,

Abdul