1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 2, 2014 12:23 PM by Rudy Ising RSS

CM14 Admin - View/Hide Module in Template

mac1085

I would like to get a contractor on board with CM14 and can create a user name and access template for them. With the access template I can hide most of the modules and information.

I am having an issue trying to hide the portions of the Request For Information module.

In the Access template I created, i clicked on view requests, but it will not let me uncheck the Request-Answer or Request - Proposed Solution. Those boxes are greyed out.

Is there another way to hide the proposed solution or answer boxes? Am i doing something wrong?

Thank you for your help in advance.

• 1. Re: CM14 Admin - View/Hide Module in Template
          Rudy Ising

In the access templates, you can only set View rights at the RFI overall--you cannot hide proposed solution, etc.

You will see that you can modify the add/edit rights on these, but if someone has view rights to the RFI, they will see all data found in the RFI.  This is one of the reasons that most people use CM internally or within the review/management team only.  If you want to hide information in the RFI log from the contractor, here's a couple suggestions:

1.  Have contractor submit all RFI's as an attachment in the "Transmittals" log, and either using the Ball in Court or email form feature, notify the coordinator.  Coordinator would then enter the RFI log information and route for review.  Reviewers enter their information and final response is emailed to contractor.  In this way, the contractor would NOT be given access (no view rights) to the RFI log.  More work for document control personnel.

2.  Use a custom interface for the contractor to submit documents into CM rather than logging directly into CM.  Contract Management Interface | DRMcNatty & Associates  Using a separate interface (see link) you can have contractor perform data entry task but they would NOT have a login directly to contract manager.  The other potential advantage is that web service licenses can be used for this kind of tool since the contractor is not directly accessing Contract Manager.

3.  Contractor submits RFI's to you via email, and your document control personnel perform the data entry (no PCM access for contractor.)

Remember, while PCM can function in a collaborative environment, a typical construction project may not always be completely "collaborative"--as indicated by your comment about wanting to HIDE data.

The Interface solution (#2) is somewhat the best of both worlds--eliminating your need for data entry while maintaining data integrity/security.