5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 4, 2014 2:38 PM by mzansary

Problem updating working copy

mzansary

Hi,

I have my model opened but it does not have changes made from other users.

I'm trying to update my local working copy with changes commited to SVN by other users. I see Team/Subversion/Update Working Copy is greyed out.

I do not want to checkout new copy each time or overwrite in existing location

Something simple I'm missing.

Thanks in advance.

Zafar

• 1. Re: Problem updating working copy
          Philip Stoyanov-Oracle

Hi Zafar,

use View>Pending Changes then use refresh in incoming changes tab. Incoming changes are never refreshed automatically. In pending changes you can see the conflicts also if you have.

Philip

• 2. Re: Problem updating working copy
            mzansary

Hi Philip,

I have a old checked out working copy on my PC. We have done lot of changes to our model which are not present in my working copy  and I'm  trying to open the model from this old checkout copy

Also I already tried refreshing pending changes before posting and it does not pull the incoming changes.

Is there a way to know from  my working copy if it is not in sync  or sync or not usable ,  I mean Tortoise Client shows the red exclamation mark to indicate working copy is not in sync with REPO or green check mark to show if it is in sync

I  know If I update my working copy with Tortoise it will update all the files  , but SDDM will not show any changes in pending window if I go this way and open the model with Torotise updated working copy

I want to use SDDM checkout working copy so that I can use  pending window so I can review my changes before I commit , I do not want to use Tortoise client working copy for model changes for sure

Only way for me to see the changes is by checking out new copy from SDDM.

Well Update Working Copy option is not suppose to work.

Thanks,

Zafar

• 3. Re: Problem updating working copy
              Philip Stoyanov-Oracle

I have a old checked out working copy on my PC.

How old is that WC? You can work only on WC checked out with DM 4 (different version of SVN client is included comparing to DM 3.x)

Tortoise Client shows the red exclamation mark to indicate working copy is not in sync with REPO

Using Tortoise at the same time with DM could bring some issues in accessing working copy.

What is the version of Data Modeler?

Philip

• 4. Re: Problem updating working copy
                mzansary

The working copy is checked out with 4.0.2 .

Just to let you know I have build directory and under I have database directory for each database. I normally checkout the build so I can work on all the models from different database from one place.

Since pending changes window did not refresh the incoming changes I dropped the database folder under my build directory  from the working copy and I tried to upgrade my working copy using SDDM update working copy option

I was under the impression that it will create the dropped folder of the database in my working copy the way Tortoise Update works

Thanks again

Zafar

• 5. Re: Problem updating working copy
                  mzansary

I'm able to update my working copy and get the changes now in the pending window . I have to click on incoming changes and click refresh to get the changes.

and I get to use either the update working copy button from pending window or from Team/Subversion/Update Working Copy which is enabled now not greyed out anymore

Well one thing is still not clear SAY if I have a BUILD directory with folder A,B,C for each database model A,B,C

if I drop the directory for database A how will I restore only the directory A  without having to drop BUILD directory and checkout fresh copy

I tried to checkout only the drop database directory A in the BUILD folder and I'm ending up with following error

SVN:E15500 : c:\users\xyx\desktop\models  is already a working copy for a different URL. Perform UPDATE to complete it.

Thanks