issue in upgrading from 11i to 12.2

Ahmed Hamdy

Hello ,

as per document Oracle® E-Business Suite

Upgrade Guide

Release 11i to 12.2

Part No. E48834-09

on chapter 2 Preparing for the Upgrade  page   2-33

there is a step Run Rapid Install (required)

SO ,

please help me with this point . how could i run rapid install of 12.2 as per the document to lay down the file system and install the new

technology stack for Release 12.2 Oracle E-Business Suite system on current 11i installation (which is on a 32 bit OS ) and 12.2 is not supported on 32bit OS !!! 

knowing that oracle apps 11.5.10.2 is also not supported on 64bit OS .

Actually the document doesn't clarify this point as well .

waiting for your Help.

• 1. Re: issue in upgrading from 11i to 12.2
          Ahmed Hamdy

waiting for a feedback please

• 2. Re: issue in upgrading from 11i to 12.2
            yoonas

Ahmed,

how could i run rapid install of 12.2 as per the document to lay down the file system and install the new

technology stack for Release 12.2 Oracle E-Business Suite system on current 11i installation (which is on a 32 bit OS ) and 12.2 is not supported on 32bit OS !!!

knowing that oracle apps 11.5.10.2 is also not supported on 64bit OS .

From what is already explained its clear that you will have to setup 64bit OS platform for laying down 12.2 file system

As your 11i is running on 32bit you can't have that to be 64bit at the same time , so you will have to set up new server with 64bit OS. or migrate 11i to seperate 32bit server and reconfigure your current 11i to run 64bit os(if it supports 64bit architecture)

If your 11i database is  32bit you can migrate to 64bit as well.

Regards

Yoonas

• 3. Re: issue in upgrading from 11i to 12.2
              Ahmed Hamdy

thank you for your reply Yoonas .

my database is 64bit database on a separate server .

but the problem now is with the current installation of 11i (which is not certified with 64bit OS )

im confused about the clear steps to perform the installation of 12.2 tech stack ,

and if i've managed to install the 12.2 tech stack on a separate server .

what then ?

should i proceed with the upgrade having 2 instances (one on 32bit and the other on 64bit ) ?

• 4. Re: issue in upgrading from 11i to 12.2
                yoonas
                should i proceed with the upgrade having 2 instances (one on 32bit and the other on 64bit ) ?

You will have 11i running until document instructs you shutdown. Once your file system is lay down and you complete other steps from upgrade guide, you will run upgrade related scripts from r12.2

This script will run against your 11i database and make necessary changes for R12.2

Please read upgrade guide completely before you actually start doing the steps