1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 10, 2014 8:15 PM by rp0428 RSS

Problem getting the sample app.

Good morning to all and Peace be with you. I want to ask a question and really need an answer. How should i get the sample case studies presented in javaee7 oracle documentation ( Duke's Bookstore case study, Duke's tutoring case study, and Duke's Forest case study). I have tried to update my glassfish4 using netbeans or using updatetool but at the end i can't see these case studies being added to my "samples" folder.  By the way, samples folder which i am referring to is the default folder created upon installing/updating my glassfish server. Unlike in the tutorial which states that case studies can be seen on the folder named "as-install-parent/docs/javaee-tutorial".

I hope someone will give an answer or solution to my problem.

PS., i am using glassfish4 and Netbeans7.3.1/Netbeans8.0

• 1. Re: Problem getting the sample app.
          rp0428

d2e2d657-c1e3-4993-b622-fc1394f7756f wrote:

Good morning to all and Peace be with you. I want to ask a question and really need an answer. How should i get the sample case studies presented in javaee7 oracle documentation ( Duke's Bookstore case study, Duke's tutoring case study, and Duke's Forest case study). I have tried to update my glassfish4 using netbeans or using updatetool but at the end i can't see these case studies being added to my "samples" folder.  By the way, samples folder which i am referring to is the default folder created upon installing/updating my glassfish server. Unlike in the tutorial which states that case studies can be seen on the folder named "as-install-parent/docs/javaee-tutorial".

I hope someone will give an answer or solution to my problem.

PS., i am using glassfish4 and Netbeans7.3.1/Netbeans8.0

I don't see any mention of that 'default folder' in that tutorial.

The path I see is this:

http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/7/tutorial/doc/dukes-bookstore001.htm#GLOAW

The packages of the Duke's Bookstore application, located in the tut-install/examples/case-studies/dukes-bookstore/src/main/java/javaeetutorial/dukesbookstore/ directory, are as follows:

And building the project has different paths also such as this one

http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/7/tutorial/doc/dukes-bookstore003.htm#GLPPQ

•   In the Open Project dialog box, navigate to:
            tut-install/examples/case-studies