2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 17, 2014 7:29 AM by Stefano Vanzini RSS

SDG 5.0: Login problem

user13484171

Hello everybody:

First of all, I apologize because my English level is not very good.

I have installed SGD 5.00.907 on a SUSE Linux Entreprise Edition 10 machine. The instalation has finished correctly and the web server works without problems. Here you have the successful message for the instalation:

To complete the installation, please run /opt/tarantella/bin/tarantella start

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Setting up Oracle Secure Global Desktop
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation type = install 5.00.907
      Install in secure mode? = no
      Peer DNS name = .........
      HTTP port = 8180 [not currently in use]
      Archive logs every week? = yes (Sunday 03:00 hours)

When I try to login, if a introduce an invalid user/passwd, the web shows a message: Invalid credentials. No problem. But if I introduce a valid user/passwd, after a moment web shows the next message:

Secure Global Desktop

Logged Out. You have successfully logged out.

I have seen a similar message from a user using CentOS. Is there any problem with compatibilities?  What could be the problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: SDG 5.0: Login problem
          Mrbrown-Oracle

Usually the error is related to not having DNS properly configured in your environment.  Make sure you are following all REQUIREMENTS.  I state this because you mention two OSes that are not supported by SGD.

Oracle® Secure Global Desktop - SUSE is not a supported OS platform and CentOS is not a supported client.  Try to install SGD 5.1, on a supported OS and with all the network requirements and then use a supported client and try again.

• 2. Re: SDG 5.0: Login problem
            Stefano Vanzini

maybe your firewall is blocking port 3144/tcp or 5307/tcp ?

ClientSGD Web Server80TCPStandard, unencrypted HTTP requests and responses.

Used to display webtops and for web services.

ClientSGD Web Server443TCPSecure, encrypted HTTPS requests and responses.

Used to display webtops and for web services.

ClientSGD server3144TCPStandard, unencrypted AIP connections.

Used for control and application display updates.

ClientSGD server5307TCPSSL-based secure, encrypted AIP connections.

Used for control and application display updates.