1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2014 1:53 PM by Francisco Amores

FDM 11.1.2.2 DATA LOAD IF ASSETS EQUAL TO LIABILITIES AND CAPITAL

Hi

We are loading data from FDM to HFM our requirement is Data should be loaded to HFM if Assets = Liabilities + Share capital otherwise it should not load data

Where do i need to define the rule and and what is rule i need to write for this

Thanksi advance

• 1. Re: FDM 11.1.2.2 DATA LOAD IF ASSETS EQUAL TO LIABILITIES AND CAPITAL
          KKT

First question how you are trying to load data ?? Thrrough ERP Integrator or through other sources.

Thanks,

~KKT~

• 2. Re: FDM 11.1.2.2 DATA LOAD IF ASSETS EQUAL TO LIABILITIES AND CAPITAL

We are using .txt file to load data in to FDM to HFM

• 3. Re: FDM 11.1.2.2 DATA LOAD IF ASSETS EQUAL TO LIABILITIES AND CAPITAL

Can anyone help me in doing this

i need to create any logical accounts if correct then how to create so that my data should load to target HFM if Assets = Liabilities + Share Capital

Thanks in adavance

• 4. Re: FDM 11.1.2.2 DATA LOAD IF ASSETS EQUAL TO LIABILITIES AND CAPITAL

Hi

from  FDM we will load data to level zero members .

How do we create logic accounts for all level zero members so that my logic run fine if Assets = Liablities + Capital

• 5. Re: FDM 11.1.2.2 DATA LOAD IF ASSETS EQUAL TO LIABILITIES AND CAPITAL
                  ericerikson

Hi. Generally FDM loads the data whether it's in balance or not and you deal with the out of balance within HFM. Use the validation report to alert the user that there is an out of balance in HFM and they would not get the Check fish unless the data balances. I have also heard of a process where data is loaded and then if it's out of balance then the data is cleared out of HFM, making it look like it never was loaded, but I don't have the scripting knowledge to help with that.

Regards,

Eric

• 6. Re: FDM 11.1.2.2 DATA LOAD IF ASSETS EQUAL TO LIABILITIES AND CAPITAL
                    Francisco Amores

Hi,

as stated, your solution may vary based on your requirements.

You need to identify where you want to run the validation:

- Before data is mapped? so validate source data

You can create logic accounts and use an event to validate them. You should run this validation on the work table so date is not imported into FDM main table if your validation fails

- After data is mapped? so validate converted data

You could better create a SQL query to validate your converted data. Again, you can then create the validation in event script (AftValidate)

- After data is loaded? so validate loaded data

Check Rules.

If I understood well you would like to run the validation once data is converted so if Assets <> Liabilities + Capital data should not be loaded.

You could create the SQL query(ies) for TDATASEGx (x is the segment key) in order to get the two summarized amounts. In the AftValidate event script you can run this query and validate the amounts. If validation is not passed make the validate step failed.

Hope that helps

1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: FDM 11.1.2.2 DATA LOAD IF ASSETS EQUAL TO LIABILITIES AND CAPITAL

Thanks Francisco

Can u help me in doing this

Hi

I am trying for this  for Assets  = Liablities then only data should be imported to FDM

Following are the Assets Accounts

Following are Liabilities Accounts

in Logical Accounts what i need to define   in the below empty fileds

Item                Description             Type         Criteria Value      Operator                   Value/Exp                    Seq                         Exp

L10001

After this I need to assign it in location  later  can click on import to check the logical accounts are working or  not

or i need to do anything in event script to check the logical accounts

Thanks

• 8. Re: FDM 11.1.2.2 DATA LOAD IF ASSETS EQUAL TO LIABILITIES AND CAPITAL

Can any one help in doing this

I am trying for this  for Assets  = Liablities then only data should be imported to FDM

Following are the Assets Accounts

Following are Liabilities Accounts

in Logical Accounts what i need to define   in the below empty fileds

Item                Description             Type         Criteria Value      Operator                   Value/Exp                    Seq                         Exp

L10001              -                         -                    -                      -                                     -                             -                              -

After this I need to assign it in location  later  can click on import to check the logical accounts are working or  not

or i need to do anything in event script also

Please help me

Thanks

• 9. Re: FDM 11.1.2.2 DATA LOAD IF ASSETS EQUAL TO LIABILITIES AND CAPITAL
                          Francisco Amores

Hi,

logic accounts are well documented in the admin guide.

After you check that, try, see the results. This is the best way of learning how to use Logic Accounts.

Regards

• 10. Re: FDM 11.1.2.2 DATA LOAD IF ASSETS EQUAL TO LIABILITIES AND CAPITAL

Hi Franciso,

Thanks for the reply

I have gone through admin guide and tryed the same what we have in admin guide  logical account that is

I have create a data file like this

Account  Entity   Product    Amount

1001       USA     100           -1

1002      USA       100           2

In logical accounts

Item             Description          Type                  Criteria Value            Operator                      Value/Exp                                                      Seq                     Export

L1001A         Assets             Between                1001,1004               Function               If CurVal>0 Then Result =Curval Else

Result="Skip" End If                                                1                       Selected

L2001          Liabilities         Between                 2001,2004                Function              If CurVal<0 Then Result=CurVal  Else

Result="Skip" End If                                                2                       Selected  

I have added this group in Location also

When i click import my data is imported i dont know why my logical condition is not working ?        

Please can anyone help me in fixing this issue , if it is working then i can apply the logic i required            

• 11. Re: FDM 11.1.2.2 DATA LOAD IF ASSETS EQUAL TO LIABILITIES AND CAPITAL
                              Francisco Amores

Can you try simplifying it?

- check the location has assigned that logic group

- begin with simple Logic Account, don't use function but operator

- try also logic account for one source account so use IN operator

With simpler tests you can isolate the issue. It's a good approach. First make sure logic accounts are being processed for that location, then make the logic account a bit complex by using function...

• 12. Re: FDM 11.1.2.2 DATA LOAD IF ASSETS EQUAL TO LIABILITIES AND CAPITAL

Hi Francisco

I have checked the location its correct location only i have assigned the logical group

i have tested for 1 source account but still i am not getting correct result

I have changed   Function operator and tried Exp and NA

In logical accounts

Item             Description          Type                  Criteria Value            Operator                      Value/Exp                                                      Seq                     Export

L1001A         Assets               In                           1001                 Function               If CurVal>0 Then Result =Curval Else

Result="Skip" End If                                                1                       Selected

still my data is imported for above combination

• 13. Re: FDM 11.1.2.2 DATA LOAD IF ASSETS EQUAL TO LIABILITIES AND CAPITAL

Hi Francisco

Thanks for the reply

i have done below example

1001       USA     100           100

1002        USA     100          200

1003       USA      100          300

In logical accounts

L1001A         Assets              Between                        1001,1004                 Function               If CurVal>0 Then Result =Curval Else

Result="Skip" End If                                                1                  notselected

it created  logical account for all the combination and amount it showed the  result 600

But i expected other way it will not import data into FDM

• 14. Re: FDM 11.1.2.2 DATA LOAD IF ASSETS EQUAL TO LIABILITIES AND CAPITAL
                                    Francisco Amores

When you configure logic accounts you get the following in your data grid (so the data that is imported into FDM)

- Original data not skipped via import script

- Logic accounts generated based on your criteria

So for example:

In logical accounts

L1001A         Assets               In                           1001                 Function               If CurVal>0 Then Result =Curval Else

This logic account will not be generated as the expression does of your criteria does not match to your source line which amount = -1

in the other example:

1001       USA     100           100

1002        USA     100          200

1003       USA      100          300

In logical accounts

L1001A         Assets              Between                        1001,1004                 Function               If CurVal>0 Then Result =Curval Else

Result="Skip" End If                                                1                  notselected

As you said you will have one logic account L1001A as the sum of your three source lines. This is because your source lines match with the criteria and the rest of dimensions (Entity and Product) are the same so it grouped.

I think you will start to think in a different way...reverse engineer :-)

Put an easy example of what you expect to have generated in FDM for your source line.

Then you we can suggest which logic accounts you need.

ASSETS EQUAL TO LIABILITIES AND CAPITAL

Based on your requirement you can create one Logic Account for Assets, another for Liabilities and Capital. Then you can create your own validation in event scripts by comparing the two logic accounts.

1 person found this helpful
                                    1 2 Previous Next