8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2006 12:16 PM by 525785

Server is shutting down

Hi,

I'm working with OAS 9.0.4 on AIX 5.2. I'm trying to run reports but I get the following error message:

REP-500002: Server is shutting down.

And sometimes the following error message:

REP-52266: The in-process Reports Server rep_test failed to start.exception oracle.reports.RWException {
      oracle.reports.RWError[] errorChain={struct oracle.reports.RWError {
      int errorCode=52266,
      java.lang.String errorString="The in-process Reports Server rep_test failed to start.",
      java.lang.String moduleName="REP"
      }}
      }

I made a trace of the report server and collect the following data:

[2006/1/21 4:15:33:415] Exception 50001 (): Server is initializing
      exception oracle.reports.RWException {
      int errorCode=50001,
      java.lang.String errorString="Server is initializing",
      }}
      }
           at oracle.reports.utility.Utility.newRWException(Utility.java(Compiled Code))
           at oracle.reports.server.RWServer.stateCheck(RWServer.java:790)
           at oracle.reports.server.ServerImpl.newConnection(ServerImpl.java:125)
           at oracle.reports.server.ServerClassPOATie.newConnection(ServerClassPOATie.java:74)
           at oracle.reports.server._ServerClassStub.newConnection(_ServerClassStub.java:128)
           at oracle.reports.client.ReportRunner.connectToServer(ReportRunner.java(Compiled Code))
           at oracle.reports.rwclient.ServletCmdMgr.handleWebCommand(ServletCmdMgr.java(Compiled Code))
           at oracle.reports.rwclient.RWClient.handleWebCommand(RWClient.java(Compiled Code))
           at oracle.reports.rwclient.RWClient.processRequest(RWClient.java(Compiled Code))
           at oracle.reports.rwclient.RWClient.doPost(RWClient.java:488)
           at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java(Compiled Code))
           at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java(Compiled Code))
           at com.evermind.server.http.ResourceFilterChain.doFilter(ResourceFilterChain.java(Compiled Code))
           at oracle.security.jazn.oc4j.JAZNFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)
           at com.evermind.server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.invoke(ServletRequestDispatcher.java(Compiled Code))
           at com.evermind.server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.forwardInternal(ServletRequestDispatcher.java(Compiled Code))
           at com.evermind.server.http.HttpRequestHandler.processRequest(HttpRequestHandler.java(Compiled Code))
           at com.evermind.server.http.AJPRequestHandler.run(AJPRequestHandler.java:208)
           at com.evermind.server.http.AJPRequestHandler.run(AJPRequestHandler.java:125)
           at com.evermind.util.ReleasableResourcePooledExecutor$MyWorker.run(ReleasableResourcePooledExecutor.java:192)
           at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:568)

[2006/1/21 4:15:41:751] Warning 50103 (EngineManager:registerEngine): REP-55103: API URLEngine:getEngineEnvs not applicable to URL engine
      [2006/1/21 4:15:41:751] Info 56026 (EngineManager:registerEngine): Reports Server started up engine rwURLEng-0
      [2006/1/21 4:15:41:756] State 56004 (EngineInfo:setState): Engine rwURLEng-0 state is: Ready

Other errors I found in trace:

2006/1/21 4:43:24:978] Info 50002 (RWServer:shutdown): Server is shutting down
      [2006/1/21 4:43:24:978] Info 50103 (RWServer:startServer): Notify thread to exit
      [2006/1/21 4:43:24:978] Info 50103 (RWServer:startServer): RWServer thread exits
      [2006/1/21 4:43:24:979] Exception 56097 (): Engine rwEng-0 callback timeout
      exception oracle.reports.RWException {
      int errorCode=56097,
      java.lang.String errorString="Engine rwEng-0 callback timeout",
      }}
      }
           at oracle.reports.utility.Utility.newRWException(Utility.java(Inlined Compiled Code))
           at oracle.reports.server.EngineManager.manage(EngineManager.java(Compiled Code))
           at oracle.reports.server.IdleThread.run(IdleThread.java(Compiled Code))

Could some body help me about this errors?

Thank you in advance,

Jose
        • 1. Re: Server is shutting down
          Martin Malmstrom-Oracle
          How do you run the Reports? From Oracle Forms run_report_object and/or from an URL?

Also, did it work after the installation? And did you follow the required post installation steps needed for Reports on AIX? For instance setting a DISPLAY environment variable?

Regards,
          Martin
          • 2. Re: Server is shutting down
            Hi Martin

Thank you for your answer. We only need to run reports using URLs (rwservlet).

After the installation, we find the problem that DISPLAY was not set. We solve it and run the demo reports ok. Then we restarted the server (shutdown and restart including AIX), everything restarted well but we were unable to run the reports again, with the messages I described before.

I did not see any post-installation procedure for reports and AIX, does this procedure exists? where can I find it?

Thank you for the help,

Jose
            • 3. Re: Server is shutting down
              Martin Malmstrom-Oracle
              Where did u set the DISPLAY environment variable? In the reports.sh?

Chapter 12.10 "Components That Require Post-Installation Tasks" points out that Reports needs post configuration.

For AIX, set the following in the reports.sh according to Metalink Note: 279342.1

REPORTS_DEFAULT_DISPLAY = NO
              LDR_CNTRL=MAXDATA = 0x80000000
              DISPLAY = <any valid Xserver>

Regards,
              Martin
              • 4. Re: Server is shutting down
                Martin Malmstrom-Oracle
                Both AS10g (9.0.4) and AIX 5.2 are getting old. I would recommend latest AS10g (10.1.2.0.2) and AIX 5.3! If you "have to" stay on 9.0.4, then you should install the latest Application Server patchset.
                • 5. Re: Server is shutting down
                  Hi Martin,

Indeed we solved the DISPLAY problem updating reports.sh. I've checked the values for REPORTS_DEFAULT_DISPLAY and LDR_CNTRL=MAXDATA in reports.sh and they are ok. (we also executed as root xhost + reportsIP in order to include into the server access control list the local IP, this because of an Xlib access denied problem).

I also added the property oracle.display=reportsIP, in oc4j.properties, I think this should not be a problem.

Any other idea? thank you for your support,

Jose
                  • 6. Re: Server is shutting down
                    Martin Malmstrom-Oracle
                    No, I cannot think of anything other than that. I think it´s time to log a service request with Oracle Support.
                    • 7. getting an reports  server error
                      REP-52266: The in-process Reports Server rep_sys10 failed to start.exception oracle.reports.RWException {
                      int errorCode=52266,
                      java.lang.String errorString="The in-process Reports Server rep_sys10 failed to start.",
                      }}
                      }

kindly get me a solution how to resolve the error
                      • 8. Re: getting an reports server error
                        we do have the same problem, after get confused for more than 4 hours, restarting server, but the answer is simpler than that.

restarting the report server, and just wait!

it took about 45 minutes to start report server perfectly and the problem was gone.