7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 9, 2014 4:50 AM by Jayaprakash -Oracle RSS

Installing & configuring Oracle AS Portal

Vyachesav

Hello, guys!
      I'm reading now the book from Rick Greenvald and James Milbery in that is described how to install the Oracle AS Portal. I was kinda confused.
      There aren't links where I can get distributives and generaly the material is kinda outdated (there is described Oracle 9iAS Portal). Could you
      direct me to a suitable sources (manuals, downloads) please?

I've also found this tutorial: How to install Oracle Application Server 10g and SP3 - YouTube, but I'm not sure that this is suitable information.
      Thanks in advance.

Message was edited by: 260631a9-ebfa-4e71-8691-c9b647045498

• 1. Re: Installing & configuring Oracle AS Portal
          Jayaprakash -Oracle

Hi ,

Could please let us which version you would be installing in the environment.

Regards,

Prakash.

• 2. Re: Installing & configuring Oracle AS Portal
            Vyachesav

Oracle 9iAS Portal. Thanks for ansver!

• 3. Re: Installing & configuring Oracle AS Portal
              Jayaprakash -Oracle

Hi,

As the version 9iAS is de-supported since long we request you to create an SR with Oracle Shipment Team so that they would send you the requested version of iAS.

Also in-case of any bugs which would reported with this version there may not be any fixes.So we request you to please install the latest version which 11g.

Note:Oracle always recommends its customers to be on the latest version so that the latest version would have the issue fixed in it.

Regards,

Prakash.

• 4. Re: Installing & configuring Oracle AS Portal
                Vyachesav

Thanks a lot! I'd like to be on the latest version. While searching through the net I've found this source Oracle Portal 11g Downloads</title><meta name="Title" content="Oracle Portal 11g Downloads"… .
                I guess this is suitable in my case.
                I've understood, that I should act according to following algorythm (please correct me if I'm not right):
                1. Download, install, and configure the Oracle Fusion Middleware software.

2. Install Oracle Portal, Forms, Reports, and Discoverer 11g Release 1 (11.1.1.2.0).
                3. O
                btain Patch 13517084 from My Oracle Support.

• 5. Re: Installing & configuring Oracle AS Portal
                  Jayaprakash -Oracle

Hi,

Yes all the above said steps are correct but the latest version in 11g is 11.1.1.7.0 and the patch number for 11.1.1.7.0 is 16471668.

So please let me brief you the steps to install Portal 11g:-

1)Install Database version 11.2.0.3 and please ensure that you have Oracle text configured in the Database

2)Install JDK if your OS is 64 namely JDK 1.6.0_xxxxx or it may not be required if your OS is 32 bit.

3)Download and install weblogic 10.3.6  which could be any of the following files ".bin or .exe or  .jar" file depending upon the OS platform.

4)Create schemas for Portal using the Repository Creation Utility 11.1.1.7.0 by using the patch 16471709 .

5)Install Oracle Portal, Forms, Reports, and Discoverer 11g Release 1 (11.1.1.2.0) with "Install - Do not configure"

6)Obtain 16471668 from My Oracle Support and upgrade it to 11.1.1.7.0 then configure the Domain for Portal.

Please let me know in case any further clarifications are required.

Regards,

Prakash.

• 6. Re: Installing & configuring Oracle AS Portal
                    Vyachesav

Thanks a lot for help!
                    1) I work under Windws  x64. For this OS Oracle DB 11.2.0.3 download is with the notification (on this page: Oracle Database on Windows Downloads ):

"Note: 11.2.0.3 is the latest full installation of Oracle Database. My Oracle Support access, available

with an Oracle support contract, is required to download it. All other downloads below are free with an OTN account."
                    What is the Oracle support contract? I suggest, that my company should have Oracle support contract. But, what can I do if I haven't it?
                    What else versions are acceptable upon other conditions that you've described in previous message?

In secton "My Oracle support cmmunity" appears this message: "Access to this place or content is restricted. If you think this is a mistake, please contact your administrator or the person who directed you here."

2) Is the Data Base  Express Edition suitable as well?

3) Is Oracle text included in Oracle DB distributive?

Regards,

Vyacheslav.

Message was edited by: 260631a9-ebfa-4e71-8691-c9b647045498

• 7. Re: Installing & configuring Oracle AS Portal
                      Jayaprakash -Oracle

Hi Vyacheslav,

In order to install you need to have Full Database enterprise edition.In case if your company have contract then request you to check with Oracle SAN for the contract details.

Oracle text is included in the Enterprise edition.

Regards,

Prakash.