1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 9, 2014 12:09 PM by ljames

IBM DB2 to Oracle 11gR2 Database Migration using Oracle GoldenGate

user9093772

Hi

We are doing migration of the whole database from IBM DB2 8.2 which is running in WINDOWS to Oracle 11g Database in LINUX using orale GG.

My question is :--

1. can all the Table structure from DB2 to Oracle be migrated using GG?

2. How can I change the datatype from DB2 to Oracle using GG? Will it automatically convert?

3. Will the related constraints and Indexes will be migrated at the time of table creation at Oracle?

4. How I will migrate all the packages(custom and seeded) and  views from DB2 to Oracle using GG?

Thanks-

Pokhraj

• 1. Re: IBM DB2 to Oracle 11gR2 Database Migration using Oracle GoldenGate
          ljames

Phokraj,

GG is a replication tool.  All the necessary changes should be in place before using GG for replication.  This includes metadata transformation.

1. can all the Table structure from DB2 to Oracle be migrated using GG?

No.  Metadata transformation has to be done before enabling GG instantiation and replication.

2. How can I change the datatype from DB2 to Oracle using GG? Will it automatically convert?

Golden Gate will not convert data types.  You can use SQL-Developer to convert meta data transformation to Oracle. Use the below link to familiarize how this can be done.

IBM DB2 Migration   

3. Will the related constraints and Indexes will be migrated at the time of table creation at Oracle?

If you use sql-developer it will.

4. How I will migrate all the packages(custom and seeded) and  views from DB2 to Oracle using GG?

You can use third party tools to do this.  Sql-developer has limited support on procedure and package transformation to Oracle.