1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 10, 2014 10:21 PM by Gary Graham-Oracle RSS

Status: Failure - Test failed: no ocijdbc11 in java.library.path

3545d57c-0661-4d57-ace9-1dc1b717b6e9

I am running Oracle SQL Developer version 4.0.2.15, build 15.21, on a MacBook Pro running OS-X 10.9.4.

The connection type for the connection I am using is set to "Local/Bequeath" because, according to the Developer help for this, this should be the connection type when the client and the database are on the same computer. When I first did this, and then clicked "Test Connection", I got this error:

Status: Failure - Test failed: no ocijdbc11 in java.library.path

What do I do to fix this?

• 1. Re: Status: Failure - Test failed: no ocijdbc11 in java.library.path
          Gary Graham-Oracle

Just focusing on the error Status: Failure - Test failed: no ocijdbc11 in java.library.path, there are two possibilities.

1. In Tools > Preferences > Database > Advanced, you ticked Use OCI/Thick driver but no Oracle client software is on PATH env variable.

2. The Local/Bequeath type requires the OCI/Thick driver whether or not you did (1), but same problem:  no Oracle client software found.

Aside from this, however, are you sure the database is running on the Mac?  Native installs have been problematic after 10.2, so most users run the database within a virtual machine on the Mac.

Regards,

Gary

SQL Developer Team