5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 29, 2014 8:22 AM by DaanBakboord RSS

Running ETL on OBIA

Hi all,

Can someonme please explain this below:

We have OBIA dashboards for Financials running OBIEE10g.

For ETL we I Informatica and DAC

I need to run a full load for the first time to populate the GL dashboard reports which currently is showing no result:

My question is:

1) How can I know which Informatica workflow to execute for any of the Financials dashboard reports through  DAC, For example General Ledger Dashboards Report has : Trial Balance, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow etc.

2) How can I know which sql has executed a specific  report while looking at : Settings>administration>manage sessions.There are so many rows for the view log file. How do I know which view log to look at for a specif report. I already set the correct log level.

3) I executed etl DAC tand uploaded data onto a staging table from SDE then from Silos to a fact table..W GL Balances F.

But no data showed up on dashboard.  This supposed to be obia standard report.

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Running ETL on OBIA

It appears there are no experts on OBIA out there to help out

• 2. Re: Running ETL on OBIA
            User538247

1. Run complete financials execution plans from DAC. You are not suppose to run individual mapping/workflows individually.

2. In logs right hand side column shows saved report name.from there you can open log which you req. no shortcuts to read log files

3. check if data present in DW tables . If it is there then your ETL is fine & some issue with OBIEE RPD.Check filters on obiee.

• 3. Re: Running ETL on OBIA

User538247 wrote:

1. Run complete financials execution plans from DAC. You are not suppose to run individual mapping/workflows individually.

2. In logs right hand side column shows saved report name.from there you can open log which you req. no shortcuts to read log files

3. check if data present in DW tables . If it is there then your ETL is fine & some issue with OBIEE RPD.Check filters on obiee.

Hi

You are definitely pointing me to the right path. I ran the etl and I could see fresh data on the Fact Table but non data on OBIA.

How can I check the RPD . The Datawarehouse Connection pool already has the expanded tnsname details assigned to the DSN with the username and pwd. May be I have missed something else.

Many thanks in advance

• 4. Re: Running ETL on OBIA
                Ahsan Shah

1) How can I know which Informatica workflow to execute for any of the Financials dashboard reports through  DAC, For example General Ledger Dashboards Report has : Trial Balance, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow etc.

Response:  The DAC loads "Subject Areas" these are not the same exact as the SAs in OBIEE. However. You can check the core FACT tables for each front end report. For example..Trail Balance, or Balance sheet...by checking the RPD you will see the core Fact table.  You can then go to DAC and check which DAC SA it corresponds to. This will have a list of all your mappings.  Again, its not a ONE to ONE.  You can have hundreds of mappings in INFA for a single subject area. 

2) How can I know which sql has executed a specific  report while looking at : Settings>administration>manage sessions.There are so many rows for the view log file. How do I know which view log to look at for a specif report. I already set the correct log level.

Response:  It should show you which REPORT in the sessions log if you set the log level appropriately.  You will see a session NAME, Report run, user id, and time.

3) I executed etl DAC tand uploaded data onto a staging table from SDE then from Silos to a fact table..W GL Balances F.

But no data showed up on dashboard.  This supposed to be obia standard report.

Response:  What is the question??

Hope that helps

• 5. Re: Running ETL on OBIA
                  DaanBakboord

Hi,

I would suggest, you check the logfile and check the physical database query.

Did you run the report without any filters?

You state that your Fact-table has records, but are you sure the connected Dimensions are correctly loaded as well?

Did you perform the initial configuration? --> Validating the Group Account Mapping in Oracle BIA 7963 | Oracle BI By Bakboord

Good Luck,

Daan Bakboord