3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2014 9:05 AM by 2686345 RSS

create BPM process with more than one initiator human task

Hi All,

I need your help,

I want to create a BPM process that could be initiated from two swim lanes (roles) because if role A started the process then the process will go to path PA and if it's started by role B the process will go to another path of the same process (path PB) and the two paths will be intersected or met at some point of the process.

I tried to add two initiator tasks for each role or swim lane, but the JDeveloper raise this compilation error "Error: Process ProcessA has more than one initiate user task (NewRequest1, NewRequest2)"

I want to solve this problem ASAP and I need your appreciated help.

Regards,

Ahmed

• 1. Re: create BPM process with more than one initiator human task

Hey Sudipto, you said "The information you are looking for may have been moved, you can search for it here"

where can I search for it?

And I just want to know how can I add two or more initiator task in the same BPM process because the process could be initiated from more than one role (swim lane)

and each role has it's business flow (path) which could be intersected or meet the other role(s) path at the same process at some point.

Even, I tried to use sub-process or reusable process but cannot fit the business need.

I need help ASAP.

Regards,

Ahmed

• 2. Re: create BPM process with more than one initiator human task
            Daniel Atwood

You can only have one Initiator Interactive activity in a process.  Here is what you could do to have two separate Initiator Interactive activities start a process.

1. Create two separate processes.  Each process has a None start event and each has its own Initiator Interactive activity. 

2. Following the Initiator Interactivity in each of the processes, have the processes flow to either

(a) a Call activity (be sure to make your called process reusable if you're going to do this) and have the Call activity invoke your reusable process or

(b) have it flow to a Throw Message Event (be sure to add new Start Message Events into your called process if you're going to do this) that invokes your process.

Dan

• 3. Re: create BPM process with more than one initiator human task

Thank you Daniel,

Your idea is good but I solved it using ADF/BPM security to check the initiator role and then route the payload to the appropriate activity based on the initiator role.