2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2014 11:39 AM by Alan Lawlor RSS

Can i creat two tabular form in one page?

Jen Hu

Hello,

I am trying to create two tabular form in one page. However, i always got: Updatable SQL Query already exists on page 252. How to fix this?

Thanks,

Jennifer

• 1. Re: Can i creat two tabular form in one page?
          fac586

Jen Hu wrote:

I am trying to create two tabular form in one page. However, i always got: Updatable SQL Query already exists on page 252. How to fix this?

There is a documented limit of one wizard-created tabular form region per page.

You can however create additional tabular form regions and associated DML processes manually.

However, tabular forms are always a bad idea, and having more than one on a page is even worse...

• 2. Re: Can i creat two tabular form in one page?
            Alan Lawlor

Hi Jennifer

I came across this restriction and here is how I worked around it:

Create Page 1, with updateable query/Tabular Form  in Region 1 and a read-only Classic Report in Region 2

Create a dynamic action on-click of region 2, which will go to Page 2

Create Page 2, with read-only Classic Report in Region 1 (querying same data as Region 1 on Page 1) and an updateable query/Tabular Form in Region 2 (using same data as Region 2 on Page 1).

Create a dynamic action on-click of region 1, which will go to Page 1.

If you keep the layouts of the two pages identical, the users will barely notice that they keep switching from Page 1 to Page 2, depending on whether they need to edit data relating to Region 1 or Region 2.

I disagree with fac586 in that tabular forms or not always a bad idea. An elegant UI or one which aids user productivity may dictate you find a solution using multiple tabular forms on the one page. While that is not technically possible, the above workaround is used by us successfully for many months on a production system

Alan

PS If you think this answers your question or you at least find it helpful, please mark it as such to help others