7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2014 11:52 AM by 2713691 RSS

Can't run OracleXE 11g for Windows Professional 64 bits

Hi,

I downloaded the new oracleXE for win64 and trying to run it, but still have no success.

The installation works fine, but when i try to access APEX url, its offline. Both OracleServiceXE and OracleXETNSListener are running.

When i try to connect using SQLPLUS i got this message:

Copyright (c) 1982, 2014, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Informe o nome do usußrio: system

Informe a senha:

ERROR:

ORA-01034: ORACLE not available

ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist

ID do Processo: 0

ID da SessÒo: 0 N·mero de sÚrie: 0

Trust me, the OracleServiceXE and OracleXETNSListener are running. Already tried to restart both, my machine, but still get the same error.

I already edited the file oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\network\ADMIN\sqlnet.ora to:

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NONE)

Still no success.

Added the system environment variables ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID (XE), still nothing.

One thing that i noticed, when i try to restart the Listener a log file is created in the folder C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\log\myMachine\client\clsc.log with this contend:

Oracle Database 11g Clusterware Release 11.2.0.2.0 - Production Copyright 1996, 2010 Oracle. All rights reserved.

2014-07-15 14:51:59.493: [ default][4660]ut_read_reg:2:ocr registry key SOFTWARE\Oracle\olr cannot be opened. error 2

[    CLSE][4660]clse_get_crs_home: Error retrieving OLR configuration [0] [Error opening olr registry key. O sistema não pode encontrar o arquivo especificado.

]

O sistema não pode encontrar o arquivo especificado. = The system could not find the specified file.

So, the listener could not find the file SOFTWARE\Oracle\olr???

Tried google to find out something, but could not find a good answer.

Any help?

Tys

• 1. Re: Can't run OracleXE 11g for Windows Professional 64 bits
          user468360

I suggest you check your alert log (the primary log for the database) and look for errors that are preventing the database from starting when you start the service. You should find the alert log in C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\diag\rdbms\xe\xe\trace. Open alert_xe.log in notepad, scroll to the end and look for errors. You should see timestamps from when you started the service and you should see each step of the database start-up process. A normal start-up should culminate with a "Completed: alter database open" message. If the database fails to open, there should be an error message. Post that message for additional help. (You can ignore any time drift messages).

• 2. Re: Can't run OracleXE 11g for Windows Professional 64 bits

i got the file: C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\diag\tnslsnr\MyMachien\listener\alert\log.xml (there is no alert_xe.log)

Create Relation ADR_CONTROL

Create Relation ADR_INVALIDATION

Create Relation INC_METER_IMPT_DEF

Create Relation INC_METER_PK_IMPTS

System parameter file is C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\network\admin\listener.ora

Log messages written to C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\diag\tnslsnr\CPMB019496\listener\alert\log.xml

Trace information written to C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\diag\tnslsnr\CPMB019496\listener\trace\ora_2236_7896.trc

Trace level is currently 0

Iniciado com pid=2236

Atendendo em: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(PIPENAME=\\.\pipe\EXTPROC1ipc)))

Atendendo em: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=fe80::5d52:c2c0:ac15:59d3%19)(PORT=1521)))

Listener completed notification to CRS on start

TIMESTAMP * CONNECT DATA [* PROTOCOL INFO] * EVENT [* SID] * RETURN CODE

WARNING: Subscription for node down event still pending

16-JUL-2014 10:38:01 * (CONNECT_DATA=(CID=(PROGRAM=)(HOST=)(USER=henrique.nascimento))(COMMAND=status)(ARGUMENTS=64)(SERVICE=LISTENER)(VERSION=186647040)) * status * 0

Não há mais atendimento em: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(PIPENAME=\\.\pipe\EXTPROC1ipc)))

Não há mais atendimento em: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=fe80::5d52:c2c0:ac15:59d3%19)(PORT=1521)))

Listener completed notification to CRS on stop

16-JUL-2014 10:38:01 * (CONNECT_DATA=(CID=(PROGRAM=)(HOST=)(USER=henrique.nascimento))(COMMAND=stop)(ARGUMENTS=64)(SERVICE=LISTENER)(VERSION=186647040)) * stop * 0

System parameter file is C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\network\admin\listener.ora

Log messages written to C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\diag\tnslsnr\CPMB019496\listener\alert\log.xml

Trace information written to C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\diag\tnslsnr\CPMB019496\listener\trace\ora_3320_4864.trc

Iniciado com pid=3320

Atendendo em: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(PIPENAME=\\.\pipe\EXTPROC1ipc)))

Atendendo em: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=fe80::5d52:c2c0:ac15:59d3%19)(PORT=1521)))

I could not identify the problem.

The file C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\rdbms\trace\OraVSSW.Log has these lines:

Could not execute [c:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\bin\OraVSSW.exe XE /i]; error 0

Could not execute [C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\bin\OraVSSW.exe XE /i]; error 0

This folder has a lot of other *.trc files, all with the same contend:

Dump file c:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\rdbms\trace\xe_ora_2992.trc

Wed Jul 16 10:38:27 2014

ORACLE V11.2.0.2.0 - 64bit Production vsnsta=0

vsnsql=16 vsnxtr=3

Oracle Database 11g Express Edition Release 11.2.0.2.0 - 64bit Production

Windows NT Version V6.1 Service Pack 1

CPU                 : 4 - type 8664, 2 Physical Cores

Process Affinity    : 0x0x0000000000000000

Memory (Avail/Total): Ph:4583M/7997M, Ph+PgF:12458M/15993M

Instance name: xe

Redo thread mounted by this instance: 0 <none>

Oracle process number: 0

Windows thread id: 2992, image: ORACLE.EXE (SHAD)

*** 2014-07-16 10:38:27.436

opiino: Attach failed due to ORA-12638

This last line, "opiino: Attach failed due to ORA-12638", i already googled about it, and find some guys saying to change the file

oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\network\ADMIN\sqlnet.ora to: SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NONE)

Already did it, still no success..

• 3. Re: Can't run OracleXE 11g for Windows Professional 64 bits

Still no success. Already tried versions 11g for win32 and 64, installing as admin, changing the win registry at HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\266B7A503A089BE4EAD1986A429434C1\SourceList\Media, changing sqlnet.ora and listener.ora files and still nothing.

I've been using oracleXe for +-4 years now, and never had these problems, so im thinking now that is a problem with my Windows installation (corporate machine) or the network proxy.

ORA-01034: ORACLE not available

ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist

ID do Processo: 0

ID da SessÒo: 0 N·mero de sÚrie: 0

• 4. Re: Can't run OracleXE 11g for Windows Professional 64 bits
                Srini Chavali-Oracle

This error message indicates that the database is not up. As advised above, look for the database alert log for any relevant error messages.

Oracle Database Instance

• 5. Re: Can't run OracleXE 11g for Windows Professional 64 bits

Yeah, already posted it up there..

Anyway, this is the ..oraclexe\app\oracle\diag\tnslsnr\MyMachine\listener\alert\log.xml

Create Relation ADR_CONTROL

Create Relation ADR_INVALIDATION

Create Relation INC_METER_IMPT_DEF

Create Relation INC_METER_PK_IMPTS

System parameter file is C:\Desenvolvimento\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\network\admin\listener.ora

Log messages written to C:\Desenvolvimento\oraclexe\app\oracle\diag\tnslsnr\CPMB019496\listener\alert\log.xml

Trace information written to C:\Desenvolvimento\oraclexe\app\oracle\diag\tnslsnr\CPMB019496\listener\trace\ora_1116_5580.trc

Iniciado com pid=1116

WARNING: Subscription for node down event still pending

18-JUL-2014 10:49:21 * (CONNECT_DATA=(CID=(PROGRAM=)(HOST=)(USER=henrique.nascimento))(COMMAND=status)(ARGUMENTS=64)(SERVICE=LISTENER)(VERSION=186647040)) * status * 0

Não há mais atendimento em: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(PIPENAME=\\.\pipe\EXTPROC1ipc)))

Não há mais atendimento em: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=fe80::5d52:c2c0:ac15:59d3%19)(PORT=1521)))

Listener completed notification to CRS on stop

18-JUL-2014 10:49:21 * (CONNECT_DATA=(CID=(PROGRAM=)(HOST=)(USER=henrique.nascimento))(COMMAND=stop)(ARGUMENTS=64)(SERVICE=LISTENER)(VERSION=186647040)) * stop * 0

System parameter file is C:\Desenvolvimento\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\network\admin\listener.ora

Log messages written to C:\Desenvolvimento\oraclexe\app\oracle\diag\tnslsnr\CPMB019496\listener\alert\log.xml

Trace information written to C:\Desenvolvimento\oraclexe\app\oracle\diag\tnslsnr\CPMB019496\listener\trace\ora_6584_420.trc

Iniciado com pid=6584

• 6. Re: Can't run OracleXE 11g for Windows Professional 64 bits

Had to run oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\bin\CreateDB.bat file. After that, tried to start the DB again, and now it generated the file alert_xe.log under

oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\log\diag\rdbms\xe\xe\trace

***********************************************************************

Fatal NI connect error 12638, connecting to:

(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))

VERSION INFORMATION:

TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.2.0 - Production

Oracle Bequeath NT Protocol Adapter for 32-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.2.0 - Production

Time: 18-JUL-2014 16:12:18

Tracing not turned on.

Tns error struct:

ns main err code: 12638

TNS-12638: Falha na recuperação de credencial

ns secondary err code: 0

nt main err code: 0

nt secondary err code: 0

nt OS err code: 0

Fri Jul 18 16:12:24 2014

***********************************************************************

Fatal NI connect error 12638, connecting to:

(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))

VERSION INFORMATION:

TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.2.0 - Production

Oracle Bequeath NT Protocol Adapter for 32-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.2.0 - Production

Time: 18-JUL-2014 16:12:24

Tracing not turned on.

Tns error struct:

ns main err code: 12638

TNS-12638: Falha na recuperação de credencial

ns secondary err code: 0

nt main err code: 0

nt secondary err code: 0

nt OS err code: 0

Fri Jul 18 16:19:20 2014

Well... i will be back on monday to continue investigating this...

• 7. Re: Can't run OracleXE 11g for Windows Professional 64 bits

Just to register.. After a long time, i discovered the problem.

Today, before trying to reinstall OracleXE, i disabled my McAfee anti virus and agent, and guess what... everything worked fine.

So prolly my company's anti-virus server is messing up with the instalation. Im not sure of what it do, prolly it blocks some ports like 1521.