7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2014 3:08 PM by dave999 RSS

Repwizard.bat problems - NoClassDefFoundError

dave999

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up my first Oracle DMS environment as a test platform and I could use some help.  I've installed Oracle 12c enterprise, glassfish 3.1.2.2 and Database Mobile Server 11g all on a single Windows 7 Pro box (not a VM).

The RDBMS and glassfish servers both installed fine (as far as I can tell).  I can get to the db via SQL Developer and to the glassfish app server admin page via browser.  My problems have been with the repository install.

First problem was with the MOBILEADMIN (default) username.  It looked like the db considered that a reserved word and so I changed it to C##MOBILEADMIN and according to the logs, the install got way farther.  I am running the install with the following command:

repwizard.bat SYSTEM password C##MOBILEADMIN password ADMINISTRATOR password DEMOUSER password jdbc:oracle:thin:@//localhost:1521:orcl

The Repwizard creates 4 logfiles:  consolid.log, MOBILE.log, schema.log and silent_rep.log.

The first three logfiles appear to show completion with no errors.  The last one, silent_rep.log, ends with this:

SQL> create sequence mada$instanceid minvalue 1000 increment by 1 maxvalue 9999 cycle nocache

Sequence created

SQL> create sequence mada$cmdid minvalue 10000 increment by 1 maxvalue 99999 cycle nocache

Sequence created

Disconnected from DATABASE

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/io/CharToByteConverter

at oracle.lite.web.util.CharEncodingMap.getCharEncoding(Unknown Source)

at oracle.lite.web.JupConfig.initialize0(Unknown Source)

at oracle.lite.web.ProfileUtil.getProfile(Unknown Source)

at oracle.lite.web.install.SaveInstallParams.saveParam(Unknown Source)

at oracle.lite.web.install.SaveInstallParams.saveParam(Unknown Source)

at oracle.lite.web.Shell.main(Unknown Source)

at oracle.lite.web.migrate.WebtoGoNew.(Unknown Source)

at oracle.lite.web.migrate.InstallFiles.silentInstall(Unknown Source)

at oracle.lite.web.migrate.InstallFiles.(Unknown Source)

at oracle.lite.web.migrate.MainDBRepositoryManager.run(Unknown Source)

at oracle.lite.web.migrate.RepositoryManager.start(Unknown Source)

at oracle.lite.web.migrate.RepWizard.main(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun.io.CharToByteConverter

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:372)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:361)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:360)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)

... 12 more

I have searched the internet for hours with no results.  Any help you could give is much appreciated...

Best regards,

Dave

• 1. Re: Repwizard.bat problems - NoClassDefFoundError
          Winnie.Hu-Oracle

Hi Dave,

What version of JDK you were using? I guess some jar is missing in the version of JDK you were using.

Thanks,

Winnie

• 2. Re: Repwizard.bat problems - NoClassDefFoundError
            dave999

Hi Winnie,

Thanks so much for your response.  I'm not a java guy, but is this what you are asking?

C:\glassfish3\glassfish\bin>java -version

java version "1.8.0_05"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_05-b13)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.5-b02, mixed mode)

Best regards,

Dave

• 3. Re: Repwizard.bat problems - NoClassDefFoundError
              userBDBDMS-Oracle

Hi Dave,

Please see the installation guide, chap 4.   This covers the JDK's that are supported.  You are not running on a currently supported configuration.  JDK 8 was released well after the DMS 11.3 release.  We will pick up JDK 8 on our next round of certification later on this year.

thanks

mike

• 4. Re: Repwizard.bat problems - NoClassDefFoundError
                dave999

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your response.

From the documentation, it looks like 1.6 is the correct version to install.  I will try that and report back.

Best regards,

Dave

• 5. Re: Repwizard.bat problems - NoClassDefFoundError
                  dave999

Mike and Winnie (and anyone else reading),

I uninstalled jdk 8 and installed jdk 6.  Modified the class and classpath env variables to point to the new 1.6 bin and lib folders.  That fixed the NoClassDefFoundError problem.  The repository install still didn't quite finish - but it seems like it's close though!  Here's what the end of the silent_rep.log file looks like now.  Any ideas (note items in red)?

SQL> create sequence mada$instanceid minvalue 1000 increment by 1 maxvalue 9999 cycle nocache

Sequence created

SQL> create sequence mada$cmdid minvalue 10000 increment by 1 maxvalue 99999 cycle nocache

Sequence created

Disconnected from DATABASE

select value from C$ALL_CONFIG where param='VERSION'

select value from C$ALL_CONFIG where param='WEB-TO-GO'

Installing the repository............

OMS-10020: Script file processed completely

[USER]

inserting mobileserver id : 1405622889536

INSERT INTO MOBILESERVER_INSTANCES(ID,MACHINE_NAME,IP,PROTOCOL,STATUS,VERSION) VALUES(1405622889536,'mymachine','10.0.0.146','HTTP','DOWN','11.3.0.0.0')

Installing samples.....................

Creating Mobile Server demo users

[USER]

[USER]

[USER]

[USER]

[GROUP]

Creating the demo database user

Invalid JAVA_HOME

Installing sample consolidator_api

Exception in thread "main" java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:439)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:388)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:381)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.processError(T4CTTIfun.java:564)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoauthenticate.processError(T4CTTIoauthenticate.java:431)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.receive(T4CTTIfun.java:436)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.doRPC(T4CTTIfun.java:186)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoauthenticate.doOAUTH(T4CTTIoauthenticate.java:366)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoauthenticate.doOAUTH(T4CTTIoauthenticate.java:752)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:359)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:531)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.<init>(T4CConnection.java:221)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDriverExtension.java:32)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:503)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)

at sample11.main(Unknown Source)

Invalid JAVA_HOME

UPDATE MOBILESERVER_INSTANCES SET DEMO_USER ='DEMOUSER' WHERE ID=1405622889536

[APPLICATION]

[APPLICATION]

getting new Connection..........................

got the new Connection........................

Best regards,

Dave

• 6. Re: Repwizard.bat problems - NoClassDefFoundError
                    userBDBDMS-Oracle

I would suggest starting with a clean environment and get a copy of our quick start guide and go from there.

quick start guide located at: Oracle Database Mobile Server Documentation

Look for section Demos & Quick Starts

first item is the guide.

thanks

mike

• 7. Re: Repwizard.bat problems - NoClassDefFoundError
                      dave999

Mike and Winnie,

The problems were pretty much due to configuration issues, as Mike and Winnie suggested.  I did follow Mike's advice of a clean environment as close as I could and got it all installed, published my first .Net app to the mobile server and installed it on a Windows 7 laptop.  Everything worked (mobile client and app on the laptop, user management, data sync, etc).

Thanks to you and Winnie for taking a few minutes out of your day to help an Oracle newbie!

Best regards,

Dave