7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 17, 2014 10:29 PM by Chetan-Oracle RSS

Configuring Siebel Gateway Name Server on Linux 64 bit OS

sadath

Hello Siebel Experts,

I am currently installing Siebel 8.1.1.11 on a Linux 64-bit machine. After successfully completing the installation steps, I am proceeding with the configuring the server and its components.

I am starting with the configuration of Siebel Gateway Name Server as per the instructions mentioned on the url:

Bookshelf v8.1/8.2: Configuring the Siebel Enterprise

I completed steps 1 and 2 and started executing step 3: Start the Siebel Enterprise Configuration Wizard.

I provided all the necessary information till the summary information is displayed.

However when I click next, it immediately gives an error.

>>Siebel Configuration Wizard fails with error. Please check the log files for details.

I searched for the log file in $SIEBEL_ROOT/cfgtoollogs/cfg/config_<date-time>.log

However there is no error information in this log file. It contains just INFO, SECTION, STEP or ATTRIBUTE mappings/values.

I could not find any .err file in this directory. Can you please let us know how to identify the error and debug this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sadath

• 1. Re: Configuring Siebel Gateway Name Server on Linux 64 bit OS
          Chetan-Oracle

Hello Sadath,

Thanks for using Oracle communities.

I hope the command you are using is,

./config.sh -mode enterprise -verbose

If not, please use same and once it gets failed, you need to verify logs from location: <SIEB_ROOT>/ses/cfgtoollogs/cfg folder.

You need to verify logs with name config*.log and determine any access level errors etc.

Best Regards,

Chetan

• 2. Re: Configuring Siebel Gateway Name Server on Linux 64 bit OS
            WSiebel-Oracle

Sadath,

Please also send an output of the env command in the same terminal session where you have executed the config command.

Thank you,

Wilson

• 3. Re: Configuring Siebel Gateway Name Server on Linux 64 bit OS
              sadath

Hi

Thanks for your inputs.

I have executed the said command and captured the output in the below file:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0By7-5z2zbQo9MUd5ek1mdTh1SU9yUzlZRzc2eDlFZFNrczR3

I also executed env command and following is the output:

[telkom@ucm1 bin]$ ./evt

Running checks defined in file [evt.ini]. Please wait..

▒1990, 2006, Oracle. All rights reserved. The Programs (which include both the software and documentation) contain proprietary information; they are provided under a license agreement containing restrictions on use and disclosure and are also protected by copyright, patent, and other intellectual and industrial property laws. Reverse engineering, disassembly, or decompilation of the Programs, except to the extent required to obtain interoperability with other independently created software or as specified by law, is prohibited.

Environment Verification Summary Report for [ucm1.cx.dev.telkom.co.id]

Report Run by [telkom] on [Thu Jul 17 12:30:12 2014]

Installed Version [NOT DETECTED] Installed Build [NOT DETECTED]

Running a [8.1.1.9] version validation with [VAN] flavor

Total Checks  : 4

Checks Passed : 1

Checks Failed : 3 (0 critical failures, 3 warnings)

Checks Skipped: 0

Critical Failures:

Complete list of checks:

Environment Settings

The highest Operating System that we have certified is 2.6.32-100.37.1.el6 - the current version you are running is 3.8.13-35.1.2.el6uek.x86_64

The current value of SIEBEL_OSD_LATCH is not defined

The current value of SIEBEL_OSD_NLATCH  is not defined

Environment variable SIEBEL_MEMORY_ALLOCATOR has correctly not been defined

This exe file was created with the evaluation version of Perl2Exe.

For more information visit http://www.indigostar.com

(The full version does not display this message with a 2 second delay.)

[telkom@ucm1 bin]$

Thanks,

Sadath

• 4. Re: Configuring Siebel Gateway Name Server on Linux 64 bit OS
                Chetan-Oracle

Hello Sadath,

Thanks for update.

From log file of google docs I could see following error:

/u01/siebel/8.1.1.11.0/ses/gtwysrvr/bin/srvrcfg: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Jul 17, 2014 11:27:05 AM oracle.siebel.configurator.utility.ConfigUtility runProgram

INFO: Config Util Exit Value: 127

This is known issue on Linux and solution would be to install compat-libstdc++-33 (32-bit) in your Linux (64-bit) machine and then run the configuration again. Get in touch with your admin to do this.

I hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Chetan

• 5. Re: Configuring Siebel Gateway Name Server on Linux 64 bit OS
                  sadath

Chetan,

Thanks for the response. I will check with the Admin and let you know the result.

Thanks,

Sadath

• 6. Re: Configuring Siebel Gateway Name Server on Linux 64 bit OS
                    sadath

Hi Chetan,

Thanks for your help. I ran into another error. This time the following error message is reported in the log:

FINER:

/u01/siebel/8.1.1.11.0/ses/gtwysrvr/bin/srvredit: error while loading shared libraries: libssscscf.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Jul 17, 2014 5:14:51 PM oracle.siebel.configurator.utility.ConfigUtility runProgram

INFO: Config Util Exit Value: 127

Jul 17, 2014 5:14:51 PM oracle.siebel.configurator.utility.ConfigUtility runProgram

FINER: ConfigUtil RunProgram output: /u01/siebel/8.1.1.11.0/ses/gtwysrvr/bin/srvredit: error while loading shared libraries: libssscscf.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Link to the complete file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By7-5z2zbQo9SXBJQmJEU2V4dTg/edit?usp=sharing

Can you please let us know if you have a comprehensive list of libraries which are required for installing siebel 8.1.1.11? (similar to the one we have for oracle db)

Thanks,
                    Sadath

• 7. Re: Configuring Siebel Gateway Name Server on Linux 64 bit OS
                      Chetan-Oracle

Hello Sadath,

Following packages are required for successful installation, have you verified if you have them, if yes, can you provides versions of those?

- compat-libstdc

- libstdc

- libgcc

- C++ runtime

Best Regards,

Chetan