6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 27, 2014 3:39 PM by dvohra21 RSS

ClassNotFoundException while Weblogic 12.1.3 server start

573a60fc-6235-4b00-aaf5-7835c81f38df

I've packaged my ear and in order to deploy my application using weblogic 12.1.3, I started the server. I got the error with the following stacktrace. I checked for the class in my JAR in the ear's target location and it was available. (Name of the class changed).

weblogic.application.ModuleException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: package.dummy.NameOfDummyClass
      weblogic
      .application.ModuleException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: package.dummy.NameOfDummyClass
        at weblogic
      .application.internal.ExtensibleModuleWrapper.prepare(ExtensibleModuleWrapper.java:114)
        at weblogic
      .application.internal.flow.ModuleListenerInvoker.prepare(ModuleListenerInvoker.java:100)
        at weblogic
      .application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriver$1.next(ModuleStateDriver.java:175)
        at weblogic
      .application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriver$1.next(ModuleStateDriver.java:170)
        at weblogic
      .application.utils.StateMachineDriver$ParallelChange.run(StateMachineDriver.java:80)

Caused By: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: package.dummy.NameOfDummyClass
        at weblogic
      .utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findLocalClass(GenericClassLoader.java:357)
        at weblogic
      .utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findClass(GenericClassLoader.java:318)
        at java
      .lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:425)
        at java
      .lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358)
        at weblogic
      .utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.loadClass(GenericClassLoader.java:186)