1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 17, 2014 7:28 PM by Gary Graham-Oracle

SQLDeveloper cannot connect to WebLogic 12c using Oracle Instant

ea586a1a-143e-41ef-9bd3-4cb87981dd14

I can't get the connection to work for Oracle WebLogic 12c using SQL Developer. Here is the error that I get when I click connect:

An error was encountered performing the requested operation:

/usr/lib/java/libocijdbc11.dylib: dlopen(/usr/lib/java/libocijdbc11.dylib, 1): Library not loaded:

/ade/b/2475221476/oracle/rdbms/lib/libclntsh.dylib.11.1 Referenced from: /usr/lib/java/libocijdbc11.dylib

Reason: image not found  Vendor code 0

When I click Test in the Settings of SQL Developer I get the following log:

Testing the Instant Client located at /usr/lib/java Testing client directory ... OK

Testing loading Oracle JDBC driver ... OK

Testing checking Oracle JDBC driver version ... OK

Driver version: 11.2.0.3.0

Testing testing native OCI library load ... Failed: Error loading the native OCI library The native OCI driver could not be loaded.

The system propertyjava.library.path contains the entries from the environment variable DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Check it to verify that the expected native library directory /usr/lib/java is present and precedes any other client installations.

java.library.path = /Users/gasim/Library/Java/Extensions:/Library/Java/Extensions:/Network/Library/Java/Extensions:/System/Library/Java/Extensions:/usr/lib/java:.

Here is an outline of my setup:

• Operating system: OSX Mavericks (10.9.4 to be specific)
      • The Java SE Runtime version: "1.8.0" (build "1.8.0_11-b12")
      • java.library.path = /Users/gasim/Library/Java/Extensions:/Library/Java/Extensions:/Network/Library/Java/Extensions:/System/Library/Java/Extensions:/usr/lib/java:.
      • Oracle Instant is located under /usr/lib/java. The directory is set in the SQL Developer (through Database > Advanced)
      • Oracle Instant Client version: 11.2.0.4.0
      • WebLogic Server version: 12.1.3.0.0
      • WebLogic Instance running at localhost:7001; Its configured properly as I can enter the web console.
      • SQL Developer version: 4.0.2.15 (build 15.21)
      • The directory listing of /usr/lib/java:

BASIC_README

adrci genezi

libclntsh.dylib.11.1

libnnz11.dylib

libocci.dylib.11.1

libociei.dylib

libocijdbc11.dylib

ojdbc5.jar

ojdbc6.jar

uidrvci

xstreams.jar

Am I missing something here? All the library files are listed in the library path but why does it try to load the library from this path /ade/b/2475221476/oracle/rdbms/lib/libclntsh.dylib.11.1? What can I try to solve this problem or at least debug to find it?

• 1. Re: SQLDeveloper cannot connect to WebLogic 12c using Oracle Instant
          Gary Graham-Oracle

Isn't there some sort of warning when configuring the Oracle Home/Instant Client in Tools > Preferences > Database > Advanced to the effect that the PATH variable must include that Home/Instant Client first (or at least before any other Home/Instant Client)?  I see something similar in your test output:

Check it to verify that the expected native library directory /usr/lib/java is present and precedes any other client installations.

but is seems different from Windows.  On Windows, the PATH gets concatenated into java.library.path and it must include the path to Home/InstantClient.

Regards,

Gary

SQL Developer Team