3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2014 5:01 AM by Gaurav Pandya RSS

OBIEE 11g Write Back - undocumented error while Updating data.

Gaurav Pandya

Hello Friends,

I implemented WriteBack feature in OBIEE 11g to update 2 columns.

<update>UPDATE PRODUCT_DIMENSION SET PROD_CODE='@49', PROD_CATEGORY='@50', LAST_UPDATE_DATE = CURRENT_TIMESTAMP(0) WHERE PROD_ID = @6 AND SNT_CODE='@5'</update>

It doesn't work if i supply Update statement only in the Update tag. I received following error.

[nQSError: 27024] The EXECUTE PHYSICAL statement must specify a physical SQL statement to execute.

I searched few blogs and found that the same Update statement need to be placed in <insert> tag also. Like this.

<insert>UPDATE PRODUCT_DIMENSION SET PROD_CODE='@49', PROD_CATEGORY='@50', LAST_UPDATE_DATE = CURRENT_TIMESTAMP(0) WHERE PROD_ID = @6 AND SNT_CODE='@5'</insert>

<update>UPDATE PRODUCT_DIMENSION SET PROD_CODE='@49', PROD_CATEGORY='@50', LAST_UPDATE_DATE = CURRENT_TIMESTAMP(0) WHERE PROD_ID = @6 AND SNT_CODE='@5'</update>

Now it is working perfectly fine.

Guys, I want to know, why is it necessary to put the same SQL in both the Tags? i.e. Insert & update

This is not at all documented in oracle documentation. Any inputs to this, will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Gaurav