5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2014 1:22 AM by user8628169 RSS

Assign a value to account to appear as smartlist

user8628169

I have a smartlist which stores my all level zero members from Company dimension. This smartlist is used in a webform.

In Form 1 I need to pick up the current company from page (runtimeprompt) and then save it to account Acc1 which appears as smarlist in Form 2.

Eg: Let’s say, I open FORM 1 using Company 100 and save some value for Acc2. Now because I used 100 this 100 should also get stored in Acc1 to appear in Form 2 as smartlist value for Acc1 to help me identify, where I loaded the value.

If I use RTP and functions, I get either member or string, but I need to store company number. Is there any way to achieve this without writing any CDF to convert String to Number ?

• 1. Re: Assign a value to account to appear as smartlist
          AmarnathK

I think you can achieve that by using Rule and then using the calculator functions and load it to respective combination (you can make the rule run for the specific combination of that specific form  (only change would be the SmartList member)

Regards

Amarnath

ORACLE | Essbase

• 2. Re: Assign a value to account to appear as smartlist
            Sree Menon-Oracle

I asked around with the Planning folks and this is what they said:

Not sure but sounds like he is trying to save a smart list value as a number as part of a RTP.  Not sure if he realizes that a smart list entry is stored as a number so all he needs to do is use a RTP of type smartlist and bound it to the Company smartlist if the intent is to capture which company.  If the smartlist is associated with Acc1 then he can use that value to determine where the value was loaded.  It would be helpful if he used meaningful member names like LoadedFromCompany rather Acc1.  Otherwise he can use another member if Acc1 is not the correct member to capture this fact.

Sree Menon

• 3. Re: Assign a value to account to appear as smartlist
              Soumya Banerjee

Hi,

I guess you need to first set the values for accounts by using Smartlist as you are doing. And then you need to execute a Business Rule while saving the form; which will set the other combinations by checking the required parameter check in the business rule.

Soumya

• 4. Re: Assign a value to account to appear as smartlist
                Celvin Kattookaran

The issue with this approach is you'll have to preload all your company member names as smartlist members for Acc1.

Now since you are trying to assign a member name as (which is a string) a data value, you'll have to convert it to number. I've a cdf to do this.

Why do you need to do this, the data is already at the company name, so you already know that it is loaded at that company code.

Regards

Celvin Kattookaran

• 5. Re: Assign a value to account to appear as smartlist
                  user8628169

I loaded the smartlist with the initial list of members from my company dimension. Since this dimension will have minimal additions / exclusions, the code is currently written to check the smartlist value using IF condition.

Since writing custom CDF was not an option due to clients reservations of that, I hardcoded the smartlist values in script.

Thanks for all inputs