6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2014 9:16 PM by MNW

Can I Call Planning Utilities from Another Server (11.1.2.2)?

MNW

We host our batch and MaxL scripts on a server separate from our Web server. This introduces the issue that, if I want to automate maintenance procedures and activate Planning Utilities, I need to be able to activate the utilities from another server.

Let's say ServerA is our Batch Script and Task Scheduler server

ServerB is our Web server with Planning utilities installed on the D drive.

I want to call \\ServerB\D$\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem\Planning\Planning\MaintenanceMode.cmd from the command line on ServerA.

ServerABatch.bat:

cd /d %~dp0

set app=%1

pushd \\ServerB\D$

Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem\Planning\Planning\MaintenanceMode.cmd /A=%app%, /U=user, /P=password/LL=ADMINISTRATORS

popd

MaintenanceMode.cmd:

SET EPM_PLANNING_INSTANCE=Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem\Planning\Planning

call "%EPM_PLANNING_INSTANCE%\setHPenv.bat"

"%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java" %HP_JAVA_OPTIONS% %JAVA_OPTIONS% com.hyperion.planning.utils.HspMaintenanceModeCmd %*

Issue:

Problem is, I get a nasty Java error because my HP_JAVA_OPTIONS directories are set to reference the D: drive but my command prompt on ServerA is set to Y:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/hyperion/planning

/utils/HspMaintenanceModeCmd

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.hyperion.planning.utils.HspMain

tenanceModeCmd

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)

Could not find the main class: com.hyperion.planning.utils.HspMaintenanceModeCmd

.  Program will exit.

Question:

Any fix that you can think of?