5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2014 5:37 AM by JohnGoodwin RSS

ODI 11g  &  Essbase 11.1.2.3

amir1290

Hello.

I've a problem with connecting to Essbase from ODI.

I can connect and retrieve Essbase metadata using ODI 11g. so i can create model and view sample data there.

although it gives me in message tab when reverse engineer meta data:

2014-07-23 00:44:39.101 WARNING EPMOHPS-20350 Unable to parse UMC from Essbase. Will continue assuming that cube is not spun from Studio. Parsing problem : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.hyperion.cp.clients.util.UMCParser

but i can see Essbase dimension and cube in my model and use them in my interfaces.

the problem is that when I create an interface that sends data from a table to Essbase dimension , when i execute the interface i get this error :

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Driver name cannot be empty
        at org.springframework.util.Assert.hasText(Assert.java:161)
        at com.sunopsis.sql.SnpsConnection.setDriverName(SnpsConnection.java:302)
        at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.DwgConnectConnection.setDefaultConnectDefinition(DwgConnectConnection.java:380)
        at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.DwgConnectConnection.<init>(DwgConnectConnection.java:274)
        at oracle.odi.core.datasource.dwgobject.support.DwgConnectConnectionCreatorImpl.createDwgConnectConnection(DwgConnectConnectionCreatorImpl.java

I tried JohnGoodwin blog post ( More to life than this...: ODI Series Part 1 ) but i couldn't find any adapter for ODI 11g and Essbase at edelivery.oracle.com. (version problem?)

I downloaded ODI companion 11g and copied all of oracledi.sdk folder (bin , javadoc , lib) contents in

ODI_HOME\oracledi\agent

and

ODI_HOME\oracledi.sdk

folders.

and i added companion xml-references KMs to my project.

but the error still remains.

ODI_error1.jpgODI_error2.jpg

Essbase:

Version: 11.1.2.3

Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit

Oracle DB Server:

same as Essbase server.

ODI:

version : 11.1.1.7

machine is different from Essbase server.

RCU data is on Essbase machine DB.

would you please help me?