3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2014 11:03 PM by Wang Xin - Oracle RSS

Progress Reporter - Connection to DB

Hi ALL,

For my demo EPPM I have to install P6 Progress Reporter. So by guide (P6 Progress Reporter and WebLogic Configuration Guide) i deployed Progress Reporter and activated it. Works fine.

Next step will be configurate connection for Oracle DB in pr/admin/configuration. Here is the problem, i fill out DB URL and Login (pubuser), but i get the message "Failed to connect to data source, please verify your settings and try again".

What i should do to fix it. Thanks

Progress Reporter

DB URL: jdbc:oracle:thin:@192.168.10.59:1521:ora12

Public Group ID: 1

Username: pubuser

DB and App Server (same server)

Win Serv 2012

Oracle DB 12

WebLogic 12

jdk-7u51-windows-x64

All than deployed on VirtualBox

• 1. Re: Progress Reporter - Connection to DB
          Wang Xin - Oracle

Hi,

Please try below step

1. Launch the P6 Administration Application
          2. Expand the configuration being used by P6
          3. Expand the Database folder
          4. Expand the 'Instance' folder being used in the Progress Reporter Administration, Database Configuration 'PM Database' field.
          5. Expand the 'Driver Class and URL' folder and fix the JDBC URL being used.
          6. Test the Instance configuration by right-clicking the 'Instance' folder and selecting 'Test Connection'
          7. Once a successful connection is made, Save changes in the P6 Administration Application.
          8. Go back to the Progress Reporter Administration Application and recomplete connection to the appropriate database.  This time selection of the 'PM Database' will allow a successful connection when 'Testing Connection' from Progress Reporter.

Note: In steps 5) and 8): It's recommended to edit the URL manually and avoid to copy/paste the JDBC URL to ensure to clear all "hidden" characters.

Regards,

Wang

========
          Was our answer helpful?

If so, highlight the information for other Community members by rating it or marking the answer as correct.

Just hit the “Correct Answer” link on the answer, or rate it by clicking "Helpful Answer" or "Like".

• 2. Re: Progress Reporter - Connection to DB

Thanks for you answer.

Tell me please, what is "Launch the P6 Administration Application", where is it Expand the configuration being used by P6, Expand the Database folder

• 3. Re: Progress Reporter - Connection to DB
              Wang Xin - Oracle

It is  http://<server name>:<port>/p6/admin.jsp