In my case it was working, but I did a restart of all the services. I assume the web-app-services are in this case more important than the hfm-services.
I was testing it on a development environment with everything installed on one machine.
If the restart don't work, you might try to create the file on the web-application-server as well, at the end, it is a web-front-end feature, not a core HFM one.
I hope his helps and greetings
I did some additional test and I can confirm, that it is working on my setup.
To test, if the file is in the right location, you can use the information from this document:
If you add the line
to the ConfigOM.properties the manage metadata menu point should disappear from the maintenance application task.
This is how my ConfigOM.properties-file looks like:
Thanks for your help.
I performed some tests on a single-box installation and it worked. In the end, I created the file on the HFM & Web servers.
I'll update the files with the settings you mentioned and then I'll ask for a restart of the services.
I'll keep you informed.
Thanks again and have a nice day.