10 Replies Latest reply: Aug 24, 2014 2:38 AM by Vinit Ahuja RSS

Oracle Soa 12C RCU failure

Vinit Ahuja

Hi,

I'm trying to  create RCU schema's for Oracle  SOA 12c on Enterprise Database,

When i used 11g database, i got below error:-

RCU-6002:The specified database does not meet the minimum requirement to load metadata repository.

RCU-6080:Global prerequisite check failed - Check requirement for specified database

The selected Oracle database is not configured to use the AL32UTF8 character set. Oracle strongly recommends using the AL32UTF8 character set for databases that support Oracle Fusion Middleware.

The selected Oracle Database 11g Release 2 instance is not certified with this version of Oracle Fusion Middleware. Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c requires Oracle Database 11g Release 2 (11.2.0.3) or higher. For the latest list of certified databases, refer to the Supported System Configurations information on the Oracle Technology Network.

When i used 12C database, i got below error:-

RCU-6002:The specified database does not meet the minimum requirement to load metadata repository.

RCU-6080:Global prerequisite check failed - Check requirement for specified database

The selected Oracle database is not configured to use the AL32UTF8 character set. Oracle strongly recommends using the AL32UTF8 character set for databases that support Oracle Fusion Middleware.

The selected Oracle database is a multitenant container database (CDB). Connecting to a multitenant container database (CDB) is not supported. Instead, connect to a valid pluggble database (PDB).

Any Idea on the same....

• 1. Re: Oracle Soa 12C RCU failure
          vladodias

Hi,

I think the messages are self-explanatory... The databases you're trying to use are not supported...

Check the Interoperability document here...

http://docs.oracle.com/middleware/1212/core/INTOP/interop_12c.htm#BHCDJIBC

And the certification matrix here...

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/ias/downloads/fusion-certification-100350.html

Cheers,

Vlad

• 2. Re: Oracle Soa 12C RCU failure
            Sanjain-Oracle

I found the following in the interop doc:

Support for pluggable databases (PDBs)

Oracle Database 12.1 or later

PDBs are supported for Oracle Fusion Middleware schemas.

Connecting to a multitenant container database (CDB) from the Repository Creation Utility is not supported.

'"Managing Pluggable Databases" in the Oracle Database Administrator's Guide

Do you feel the error which you got for 12c DB was not clear enough?

regards,

Sandeep

• 3. Re: Oracle Soa 12C RCU failure

Hi Vinit,

When you install Oracle 12C Database, in the "Global Database Creation" Screen there is a check box at the bottom of the screen which says the "Create a Container Database", you would need to uncheck this checkbox and select "AL32UTF8 " as the database encoding style. It worked for me.

Regards

Vikram KC

• 4. Re: Oracle Soa 12C RCU failure
                Vinit Ahuja

Hi Vikram,

I think i have missed that option. I'm trying to deinstall 12c Database by running Deinstall.bat but its not working.

Do  u know  some deinstall procedure to remove 12C completely from system...

Thanks for the help...

• 5. Re: Oracle Soa 12C RCU failure
                  Vinit Ahuja

Hi Vikram,

I have followed steps mentioned by you. It worked..

Thanks alot for the help.

• 6. Re: Oracle Soa 12C RCU failure
                    Vinit Ahuja

I'm trying to  migrate 11g (11.1.1.7.0) to 12c . Successfully migrated 11g schemas to 12c schema.

However during  Domain Reconfiguration Process,  at the end i'm getting below error:-

com.oracle.cie.domain.security.external.ConfigSecurityException: oracle.security.opss.tools.lifecycle.LifecycleException: oracle.security.jps.JpsException: JPS-00203: Upgrade of file based domain not supported oracle.security.jps.JpsException: JPS-00203: Upgrade of file based domain not supported at oracle.security.jps.upgrade.tools.utility.Upgrade.upgradeOPSS(Upgrade.java:624) at oracle.security.opss.tools.lifecycle.OpssDomainConfigImpl.reconfigSubsystem(OpssDomainConfigImpl.java:274) at oracle.security.opss.tools.lifecycle.OpssDomainConfigImpl.initializeSubsystem(OpssDomainConfigImpl.java:202) at oracle.security.opss.tools.lifecycle.cie.OpssSecurityConfiguration.initializeSubsystem(OpssSecurityConfiguration.java:138) at com.oracle.cie.domain.TemplateImporter.run(TemplateImporter.java:320) at com.oracle.cie.domain.ReconfigurationGenerator.run(ReconfigurationGenerator.java:119) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

• 7. Re: Oracle Soa 12C RCU failure
                      Sirisha Damarapati-Oracle

HI,

In 12c we do not support file based OPSS. You need to move to DB/OID based policy stores. Find the documentation link here - 2 Performing the Required Pre-Upgrade Tasks for SOA Suite and BPM (12c (12.1.3))

Thanks!

• 8. Re: Oracle Soa 12C RCU failure
                        Vinit Ahuja

Hi Sirisha,

I have followed pre-Upgrade steps mentioned by you. Migrated File Based OPSS to DB based OPSS by following below link:-

http://fusionsecurity.blogspot.in/2011/10/reassociation-business.html

However, Even After that i'm getting below error:-

oracle.security.jps.JpsException: Null Found Searching JpsBase:cn=SecurityStore

I gave RootDN as 'cn=SecurityStore', but i think its wrong. Could you please tell me what value i need to mention here.

Thanks...

• 9. Re: Oracle Soa 12C RCU failure
                          Vinit Ahuja

Any help on above ???

• 10. Re: Oracle Soa 12C RCU failure
                            Vinit Ahuja

Contents of jps-config.xml after reassociation with DB based Policy are:-

<propertySets>

<propertySet name="saml.trusted.issuers.1">

<property name="name" value="www.oracle.com"/>

</propertySet>

<propertySet name="trust.provider.embedded">

<property name="trust.provider.className" value="oracle.security.jps.internal.trust.provider.embedded.EmbeddedProviderImpl"/>

<property name="trust.clockSkew" value="60"/>

<property name="trust.token.validityPeriod" value="1800"/>

<property name="trust.token.includeCertificate" value="false"/>

</propertySet>

<propertySet name="props.db.1">

<property name="jdbc.url" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:xe"/>

<property name="oracle.security.jps.farm.name" value="cn=update_domain"/>

<property name="server.type" value="DB_ORACLE"/>

<property name="oracle.security.jps.ldap.root.name" value="cn=SecurityStore"/>

<property name="oracle.security.jps.db.useDSAdminMapKey" value="true"/>

<property name="jdbc.driver" value="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"/>

<property name="datasource.jndi.name" value="jndi/OPSS_DS"/>

<property name="bootstrap.security.principal.map" value="BOOTSTRAP_JPS"/>

<property name="bootstrap.security.principal.key" value="bootstrap_m7YtVZEVAQsnO1Tynkn5N8Q3wqk="/>

</propertySet>

</propertySets>

<jpsContexts default="default">

<jpsContext name="default">

<serviceInstanceRef ref="credstore.db"/>

<serviceInstanceRef ref="keystore.db"/>

<serviceInstanceRef ref="policystore.db"/>

<serviceInstanceRef ref="audit.db"/>

<serviceInstanceRef ref="trust"/>

<serviceInstanceRef ref="pdp.service"/>

<serviceInstanceRef ref="attribute"/>

<serviceInstanceRef ref="idstore.ldap"/>

</jpsContext>

However, Even After that i'm getting below error:-

oracle.security.jps.JpsException: Null Found Searching JpsBase:cn=SecurityStore