3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 27, 2014 11:30 PM by Srinath Menon-Oracle RSS

Question about Default Metadata and Framework Folders

JTyson

So when we were using 11.1.1.5 Framework Folders we could set default metadata based on the profile we were using.  We could pick and choose without having to messing with the profile rules, even setting what was default or which goes to child folders and stay locked.  Since the upgrade the setting these values has become a hassle, we have to turn off rules or change if from hidden/info only to edit to set them.  Is there anyway to set metadata values like back in 11.1.1.5?

• 1. Re: Question about Default Metadata and Framework Folders
          Srinath Menon-Oracle

Hi ,

Can you provide a sample rule / scenario which is failing to set metadata for folders ?

Would be great if you can give the rule along with screenshots to check .

Version of the wcc server as well , copied from Administration - Configuration Information .

Thanks,

Srinath

• 2. Re: Question about Default Metadata and Framework Folders
            JTyson

Hello,

I think I didn't explain the issue as well as I should have.  This isn't dealing with iDoc scipt for rules as found under the Configuration Manager.  I'm refering to how in Framework Folder in WCC 11.1.1.8 we would have this window to work with when setting default values.metadata rules.png

Ever since we upgrade to 11.1.1.8 we lost the ability to use this, which has made it a bit more difficult to promote up our stack.  Because it is out of my hands to set up.  I was wondering if there is still something like this and I just over looked where it is at.

• 3. Re: Question about Default Metadata and Framework Folders
              Srinath Menon-Oracle

Hi ,

Framework Folders' metadata inheritance has changed a bit from .5 to .8 . It is now defined as 2 separate items viz for folders (Folder metadata) and Contents (Metadata Values) . Also , by default the values that are set for the these 2 properties are inherited for the sub folders and contents respectively .

Only at the time if one is running inheritance , can the fields be marked as "to be propagated" or not .

Thanks,

Srinath