1 2 3 Previous Next 31 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2014 11:14 PM by user13168644 Go to original post
      • 15. Re: restoring oracle
        user13168644

Hi Steve,

I thinks the original was running on linux machine, the one AI am trying to import is 11.2.0.1.0 on a Windows 7 professional box.

So What I did was created a folder structure inside the current oracle folder in the windows machine. copied the dbf files, control file.

Directory of C:\app\feroz\oradata\MOSIS\CONTROLFILE

07/25/2014  09:58 AM    <DIR>          .

07/25/2014  09:58 AM    <DIR>          ..

07/17/2014  03:58 PM        10,174,464 control.ctl

1 File(s)     10,174,464 bytes

2 Dir(s)  289,542,062,080 bytes free

Directory of C:\app\feroz\oradata\MOSIS

07/25/2014  10:31 AM    <DIR>          .

07/25/2014  10:31 AM    <DIR>          ..

07/17/2014  03:58 PM        10,174,464 control.ctl

07/25/2014  09:58 AM    <DIR>          CONTROLFILE

07/25/2014  09:57 AM    <DIR>          DATAFILE

07/17/2014  03:42 PM       209,723,392 data_alt01.dbf

07/17/2014  03:44 PM       786,440,192 data_large01.dbf

07/17/2014  03:45 PM       209,723,392 data_medium01.dbf

07/17/2014  03:45 PM       104,865,792 data_small01.dbf

07/17/2014  03:48 PM     1,572,872,192 data_xlarge01.dbf

07/17/2014  03:48 PM        10,493,952 default01.dbf

07/17/2014  03:50 PM     1,048,584,192 indexes_large01.dbf

07/17/2014  03:50 PM       314,580,992 indexes_medium01.dbf

07/17/2014  03:50 PM       104,865,792 indexes_small01.dbf

07/17/2014  03:51 PM     1,258,299,392 indexes_xlarge01.dbf

07/17/2014  03:53 PM     2,306,875,392 lob_cust_support01.dbf

07/25/2014  09:57 AM    <DIR>          ONLINELOG

07/17/2014  03:54 PM       524,296,192 sysaux01.dbf

07/17/2014  03:55 PM     1,048,584,192 system01.dbf

07/17/2014  03:55 PM       104,865,792 tools01.dbf

07/17/2014  03:57 PM     1,073,750,016 undo01.dbf

07/17/2014  03:57 PM       104,865,792 users01.dbf

07/17/2014  03:57 PM       104,865,792 xml01.dbf

18 File(s) 10,898,726,912 bytes

5 Dir(s)  289,542,062,080 bytes free

took the init.ora of the defaule "orcl" instance, and did some modification. After that I used oradim to create new instance

C:\Windows\system32>oradim -new -sid MOSIS -intpwd mosis -startmode A -maxusers 100 -pfile c:\app\feroz\admin\mosis\pfile\initmosis.ora -timeout 60

Instance created.

C:\Windows\system32>

. Restarted the server , and the "OracleServiceMOSIS" is running as the windows services along with "OracleServiceORCL".

here is the content of new init.ora file.

##############################################################################

# Copyright (c) 1991, 2001, 2002 by Oracle Corporation

##############################################################################

###########################################

# Cache and I/O

db_block_size=8192

# Cursors and Library Cache

open_cursors=300

# Database Identification

db_domain=adx.isi.edu

db_name=mosis

# File Configuration

control_files=("C:\app\feroz\oradata\mosis\control.ctl", "C:\app\feroz\flash_recovery_area\mosis\control01.ctl")

db_recovery_file_dest=C:\app\feroz\flash_recovery_area

db_recovery_file_dest_size=4102029312

# Miscellaneous

compatible=11.2.0.0.0

diagnostic_dest=C:\app\feroz

memory_target=3407872000

# Processes and Sessions

processes=150

# Security and Auditing

audit_file_dest=C:\app\feroz\admin\mosis\adump

audit_trail=db

remote_login_passwordfile=EXCLUSIVE

# Shared Server

dispatchers="(PROTOCOL=TCP) (SERVICE=mosisXDB)"

# System Managed Undo and Rollback Segments

undo_tablespace=undotbs_01

Now, whats next ? Please advice.

Thanks

• 16. Re: restoring oracle
          EdStevens

have I lost something in the thread?

If I'm piecing this all together correctly, your source database was 10.something running on Linux, but your target is 11.2 running on a choice of Windows or linux.  Like I said in a previous post, if restoring from a physical backup, your target must be the same version as the source.  You'll need to install oracle 10, patched to the same level as the source.  And to get the media for Oracle 10 (because it is so long out of support) you will have to have a paid support contract with Oracle and raise an SR requesting the media.

All in all, I think it will be a lot easier to address the issues trying to import the .dmp file.  You seem to have given up on that too easily.  It will be fully transportable across versions and OS's.

• 17. Re: restoring oracle
            EdStevens

Just out of curiosity .. you said you rebooted and the windows service is running ...

So what happens when you start a command window, then

set ORACLE_SID=mosis

sqlplus / as sysdba

select * from v$instance;

• 18. Re: restoring oracle
              user13168644

Steve,

Here is the query result

C:\Windows\system32>set ORACLE_SID=mosis

C:\Windows\system32>sqlplus / as sysdba

SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.1.0 Production on Fri Jul 25 14:36:22 2014

Copyright (c) 1982, 2010, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Connected to:

Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production

With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options

SQL> select * from v$instance;

INSTANCE_NUMBER INSTANCE_NAME        HOST_NAME            VERSION           STARTUP_TIME     STATUS       PARALLEL   THREAD#     ARCHIVE LOG_SWITCH_WAIT    LOGINS     SHUTDOWN_PENDING DATABASE_STATUS   INSTANCE_ROLE      ACTIVE_STATE     BLOCKED

--------------- ----------------   -----------------    ----------------- ---------     ------------ ---------     ----------     ------- ---------------    ---------- ---------------- ----------------- ------------------ ---------         -------

1                 mosis                ORACLE-BU            11.2.0.1.0        25-JUL-14     STARTED      NO             0         STOPPED                    ALLOWED        NO              ACTIVE            UNKNOWN            NORMAL            NO

SQL>

• 19. Re: restoring oracle
                And, btw, your screen shots are impossibly small to read.

If you hold your cursor over one you will see that they are JPG images. Just click on the image and it will open in a pop-up window where you can see them just fine.

• 20. Re: restoring oracle

Well of course that import failed.

The error message told you why: it can't find the export.dmp file.

If you look at your image you will see that you ran the import statement from the 'windows\system32' folder and there is NO dump file there.

1. Change directories to the location of the dump file.

2. Run the import

3. Post the results

If you need to try to use the cold backup files here is a thread from two years ago where I outline the steps.

Re: Restoring inconsistent cold backup

• 21. Re: restoring oracle

Just 4 interest:

Would it be possible to take rman (11.2) take an backup from the 10 Database an then restore it on the new machine?

Referring datapump :

Is the dump compatible between Linux and Windows? Ups - that was another thing new to me.

By the way @:
                    Did you use the expdp tool Release 11.2 ?

If you use an expdp Release 10 you run into problems.

• 22. Re: Re: restoring oracle
                      EdStevens

2700315 wrote:

Just 4 interest:

Would it be possible to take rman (11.2) take an backup from the 10 Database an then restore it on the new machine?

It has less to do with the version of the utility than the structure of the database.  A backup of a 10.2 database is still a backup of a 10.2 database, and when it is restored it is STILL a 10.2 database.  If you need to run from an 11g home, you'd have to do an upgrade after restoring.  That is documented.

Referring datapump :

Is the dump compatible between Linux and Windows? Ups - that was another thing new to me.

As long as you use a binary mode to transfer it across systems, so that nothing hinky happens to it.

By the way @:
                      Did you use the expdp tool Release 11.2 ?

If you use an expdp Release 10 you run into problems.

There should be no problems using expdp 10 to export from a 10g database and using impdp 11 to import the result into an 11g database.  If "you run into problems" it's because you did something wrong.  So far in this entire thread, the only "problem" you've actually demonstrated is that the import couldn't find the .dmp file.  And this, as has been pointed out, is because you did not proper specify the name/location of said .dmp file.

And as said before, the exp and expdp utiilities produce a different format file, so they are not interchangeable.   If you export with exp, you have to import with imp.  If you export with expdp, you have to import with impdp.

• 23. Re: restoring oracle

I'm a newbie, therefore stupid questions.

;-)

• 24. Re: restoring oracle
                          user13168644

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the long delay in reply. Back from vacation. Few things,

1. I tried to import the dump file (its only3 GB, where as the DB is 10 GB), it ran with multiple error messages, some errors like few of the schema do not exist.

2. The source machine is Solaris SPARC system with oracle 10.

3. I need to restore the entire DB .

4. Is it possible to start up with nomount option and then try to create a new control file and startup. Because the existing control file is useless as it has the older folder structure .

5. For the above step, do I have to have the oracle 10g in a Solaris SPARC system ? or can i have oracle 10 in  a different platform like windows or linux .

6. Because I tried to create a control file in both Windows and linux with oracle 11.2.0.3 , and i got the following error in windows:

ORA-01503: CREATE CONTROLFILE failed

ORA-01565: error in identifying file 'C:\APP\FEROZ\ORADATA\MOSIS\system01.dbf'

ORA-27048: skgfifi: file header information is invalid

OSD-04001: invalid logical block size (OS 2097152)

7. And on a linux with oracle 11.2.0.3 , the error is :

CREATE CONTROLFILE

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-01503: CREATE CONTROLFILE failed

ORA-01565: error in identifying file '/usr/oracle/oradata/mosis/system01.dbf'

Additional information: 13

:

and the control file create script is as below

CREATE CONTROLFILE

SET DATABASE mosis

LOGFILE GROUP 1 ('/usr/oracle/oradata/mosis/redo01_01.log',

'/usr/oracle/oradata/mosis/redo01_02.log'),

GROUP 2 ('/usr/oracle/oradata/mosis/redo02_01.log',

'/usr/oracle/oradata/mosis/redo02_02.log'),

GROUP 3 ('/usr/oracle/oradata/mosis/redo03_01.log',

'/usr/oracle/oradata/mosis/redo03_02.log')

RESETLOGS

DATAFILE '/usr/oracle/oradata/mosis/system01.dbf',

'/usr/oracle/oradata/mosis/data_alt01.dbf',

'/usr/oracle/oradata/mosis/data_large01.dbf',

'/usr/oracle/oradata/mosis/data_medium01.dbf',

'/usr/oracle/oradata/mosis/data_small01.dbf',

'/usr/oracle/oradata/mosis/data_xlarge01.dbf',

'/usr/oracle/oradata/mosis/default01.dbf',

'/usr/oracle/oradata/mosis/index_large01.dbf',

'/usr/oracle/oradata/mosis/index_medium01.dbf',

'/usr/oracle/oradata/mosis/index_small01.dbf',

'/usr/oracle/oradata/mosis/index_xlarge01.dbf',

'/usr/oracle/oradata/mosis/lob_cust_support01.dbf',

'/usr/oracle/oradata/mosis/sysaux01.dbf',

'/usr/oracle/oradata/mosis/tools01.dbf',

'/usr/oracle/oradata/mosis/undo01.dbf',

'/usr/oracle/oradata/mosis/users01.dbf',

'/usr/oracle/oradata/mosis/xml01.dbf'

MAXLOGFILES 50

MAXLOGMEMBERS 3

MAXLOGHISTORY 400

MAXDATAFILES 200

MAXINSTANCES 6

NOARCHIVELOG;

• 25. Re: restoring oracle
                            jgarry

As others noted, it's easier to import the dump file, that is a main purpose of a logical backup.  However, you must use the right utility.  Can you show us the command that created the dump file?  It will be smaller than the database because it does not include indices, but just the commands to create indices, and there will be free space in the database that is not in the export.

There are some gotchas with import, most of which have to do with how to handle existing objects.  Often the correct action is to create an empty database, create the schemata (aka users), create the tables, load the tables, then create the indices, and maybe some grants and synonyms and stuff.  But There Is More Than One Way To Do It.

What kind of database is this?  What use will the new one be put to?  Do you have access to a DBA?

• 26. Re: restoring oracle

1. I tried to import the dump file (its only3 GB, where as the DB is 10 GB), it ran with multiple error messages, some errors like few of the schema do not exist.

So did you create those missing schemas and try it again?

2. The source machine is Solaris SPARC system with oracle 10.
                              3. I need to restore the entire DB .

Then use the methodology I described in the link I gave you if you plan to use those DBF files 'as is'. That means same OS and version and same Oracle version.

• 27. Re: restoring oracle
                                user13168644

Hi RP,

I tried to do import the dump file.

1. As you can see the initial failures are due to missing folder structure  '/lfs/m_db/oramos10/" with error code 1119. So it can not create any of the tablespaces  :

2.  The it can not create the shemas because the table spaces are not there .

3. The source machine is a solaris-SPARC. I dont have a "solaris-SPARC" . What I have is a windows and a linux box with 11g installed on both. I can get 10g and install it on windows though.

So here is the output:

Export file created by EXPORT:V10.02.01 via conventional path

import done in WE8MSWIN1252 character set and AL16UTF16 NCHAR character set

export client uses US7ASCII character set (possible charset conversion)

. importing SYSTEM's objects into SYSTEM

IMP-00017: following statement failed with ORACLE error 1119:

"CREATE UNDO TABLESPACE "UNDO" BLOCKSIZE 8192 DATAFILE  '/lfs/m_db/oramos10/"

"oradata/MPRD/undo01.dbf' SIZE 1073741824       EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL "

IMP-00003: ORACLE error 1119 encountered

ORA-01119: error in creating database file '/lfs/m_db/oramos10/oradata/MPRD/undo01.dbf'

ORA-27040: file create error, unable to create file

OSD-04002: unable to open file

O/S-Error: (OS 3) The system cannot find the path specified.

"CREATE TABLESPACE "DEFAULT_TS" BLOCKSIZE 8192 DATAFILE  '/lfs/m_db/oramos10"

"/oradata/MPRD/default01.dbf' SIZE 10485760       EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL  A"

"UTOALLOCATE  ONLINE PERMANENT "

ORA-01119: error in creating database file '/lfs/m_db/oramos10/oradata/MPRD/default01.dbf'

"CREATE TABLESPACE "TOOLS" BLOCKSIZE 8192 DATAFILE  '/lfs/m_db/oramos10/orad"

"ata/MPRD/tools01.dbf' SIZE 104857600       EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL  UNIFORM"

" SIZE 40960 ONLINE PERMANENT  SEGMENT SPACE MANAGEMENT AUTO"

ORA-01119: error in creating database file '/lfs/m_db/oramos10/oradata/MPRD/tools01.dbf'

"CREATE TABLESPACE "DATA_ALT" BLOCKSIZE 8192 DATAFILE  '/lfs/m_db/oramos10/o"

"radata/MPRD/data_alt01.dbf' SIZE 209715200       EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL  U"

"NIFORM SIZE 40960 ONLINE PERMANENT  SEGMENT SPACE MANAGEMENT AUTO"

ORA-01119: error in creating database file '/lfs/m_db/oramos10/oradata/MPRD/data_alt01.dbf'

"CREATE TABLESPACE "DATA_SMALL" BLOCKSIZE 8192 DATAFILE  '/lfs/m_db/oramos10"

"/oradata/MPRD/data_small01.dbf' SIZE 104857600       EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCA"

"L  UNIFORM SIZE 40960 ONLINE PERMANENT  SEGMENT SPACE MANAGEMENT AUTO"

ORA-01119: error in creating database file '/lfs/m_db/oramos10/oradata/MPRD/data_small01.dbf'

"CREATE TABLESPACE "DATA_MEDIUM" BLOCKSIZE 8192 DATAFILE  '/lfs/m_db/oramos1"

"0/oradata/MPRD/data_medium01.dbf' SIZE 209715200       EXTENT MANAGEMENT LO"

"CAL  UNIFORM SIZE 131072 ONLINE PERMANENT  SEGMENT SPACE MANAGEMENT AUTO"

ORA-01119: error in creating database file '/lfs/m_db/oramos10/oradata/MPRD/data_medium01.dbf'

"CREATE TABLESPACE "DATA_LARGE" BLOCKSIZE 8192 DATAFILE  '/lfs/m_db/oramos10"

"/oradata/MPRD/data_large01.dbf' SIZE 786432000       EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCA"

"L  UNIFORM SIZE 1048576 ONLINE PERMANENT  SEGMENT SPACE MANAGEMENT AUTO"

ORA-01119: error in creating database file '/lfs/m_db/oramos10/oradata/MPRD/data_large01.dbf'

"CREATE TABLESPACE "DATA_XLARGE" BLOCKSIZE 8192 DATAFILE  '/lfs/m_db/oramos1"

"0/oradata/MPRD/data_xlarge01.dbf' SIZE 1500M       EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL "

" UNIFORM SIZE 8388608 ONLINE PERMANENT  SEGMENT SPACE MANAGEMENT AUTO"

ORA-01119: error in creating database file '/lfs/m_db/oramos10/oradata/MPRD/data_xlarge01.dbf'

"CREATE TABLESPACE "INDEXES_SMALL" BLOCKSIZE 8192 DATAFILE  '/lfs/m_db/oramo"

"s10/oradata/MPRD/indexes_small01.dbf' SIZE 104857600       EXTENT MANAGEMEN"

"T LOCAL  UNIFORM SIZE 40960 ONLINE PERMANENT  SEGMENT SPACE MANAGEMENT AUTO"

ORA-01119: error in creating database file '/lfs/m_db/oramos10/oradata/MPRD/indexes_small01.dbf'

"CREATE TABLESPACE "INDEXES_MEDIUM" BLOCKSIZE 8192 DATAFILE  '/lfs/m_db/oram"

"os10/oradata/MPRD/indexes_medium01.dbf' SIZE 314572800       EXTENT MANAGEM"

"ENT LOCAL  UNIFORM SIZE 131072 ONLINE PERMANENT  SEGMENT SPACE MANAGEMENT A"

"UTO"

ORA-01119: error in creating database file '/lfs/m_db/oramos10/oradata/MPRD/indexes_medium01.dbf'

"CREATE TABLESPACE "INDEXES_LARGE" BLOCKSIZE 8192 DATAFILE  '/lfs/m_db/oramo"

"s10/oradata/MPRD/indexes_large01.dbf' SIZE 1048576000       EXTENT MANAGEME"

"NT LOCAL  UNIFORM SIZE 1048576 ONLINE PERMANENT  SEGMENT SPACE MANAGEMENT A"

"UTO"

ORA-01119: error in creating database file '/lfs/m_db/oramos10/oradata/MPRD/indexes_large01.dbf'

"CREATE TABLESPACE "INDEXES_XLARGE" BLOCKSIZE 8192 DATAFILE  '/lfs/m_db/oram"

"os10/oradata/MPRD/indexes_xlarge01.dbf' SIZE 1200M       EXTENT MANAGEMENT "

"LOCAL  UNIFORM SIZE 8388608 ONLINE PERMANENT  SEGMENT SPACE MANAGEMENT AUTO"

ORA-01119: error in creating database file '/lfs/m_db/oramos10/oradata/MPRD/indexes_xlarge01.dbf'

"CREATE TABLESPACE "XDB" BLOCKSIZE 8192 DATAFILE  '/lfs/m_db/oramos10/oradat"

"a/MPRD/xml01.dbf' SIZE 104857600       EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL  AUTOALLOCAT"

"E  ONLINE PERMANENT  SEGMENT SPACE MANAGEMENT AUTO"

ORA-01119: error in creating database file '/lfs/m_db/oramos10/oradata/MPRD/xml01.dbf'

"CREATE TABLESPACE "LOB_CUST_SUPPORT" BLOCKSIZE 8192 DATAFILE  '/lfs/m_db/or"

"amos10/oradata/MPRD/lob_cust_support01.dbf' SIZE 2200M       EXTENT MANAGEM"

"ENT LOCAL  UNIFORM SIZE 1048576 ONLINE PERMANENT  SEGMENT SPACE MANAGEMENT "

"AUTO"

ORA-01119: error in creating database file '/lfs/m_db/oramos10/oradata/MPRD/lob_cust_support01.dbf'

IMP-00017: following statement failed with ORACLE error 959:

"ALTER USER "SYSTEM" IDENTIFIED BY VALUES 'F2FCD96DFB5F0E9E' DEFAULT TABLESP"

"ACE "TOOLS" TEMPORARY TABLESPACE "TEMP""

IMP-00003: ORACLE error 959 encountered

ORA-00959: tablespace 'TOOLS' does not exist

"CREATE USER "TSMSYS" IDENTIFIED BY VALUES '3DF26A8B17D0F29F' DEFAULT TABLES"

"PACE "DEFAULT_TS" TEMPORARY TABLESPACE "TEMP" PASSWORD EXPIRE ACCOUNT LOCK"

ORA-00959: tablespace 'DEFAULT_TS' does not exist

"CREATE USER "MOSIS" IDENTIFIED BY VALUES 'F18DC14F2F73770C' DEFAULT TABLESP"

"ACE "DEFAULT_TS" TEMPORARY TABLESPACE "TEMP""

"CREATE USER "MOSIS_ADMIN" IDENTIFIED BY VALUES 'F27F982AD7D6BC55' DEFAULT T"

"ABLESPACE "DEFAULT_TS" TEMPORARY TABLESPACE "TEMP""

"CREATE USER "WEBMOSIS" IDENTIFIED BY VALUES 'C8574CA8CE399C66' DEFAULT TABL"

"ESPACE "DEFAULT_TS" TEMPORARY TABLESPACE "TEMP""

"CREATE USER "MOSIS_BATCH" IDENTIFIED BY VALUES 'E809D8E72C50A587' DEFAULT T"

"ABLESPACE "DEFAULT_TS" TEMPORARY TABLESPACE "TEMP""

IMP-00017: following statement failed with ORACLE error 1917:

"GRANT UNLIMITED TABLESPACE TO "TSMSYS""

IMP-00003: ORACLE error 1917 encountered

ORA-01917: user or role 'TSMSYS' does not exist

"GRANT CREATE TABLE TO "WEBMOSIS""

ORA-01917: user or role 'WEBMOSIS' does not exist

"GRANT CREATE SYNONYM TO "WEBMOSIS""

"GRANT CREATE PUBLIC SYNONYM TO "WEBMOSIS""

"GRANT CREATE VIEW TO "WEBMOSIS""

"GRANT CREATE SEQUENCE TO "WEBMOSIS""

"GRANT CREATE PROCEDURE TO "WEBMOSIS""

"GRANT CREATE TRIGGER TO "WEBMOSIS""

"GRANT CREATE JOB TO "MOSIS""

ORA-01917: user or role 'MOSIS' does not exist

"GRANT CREATE SESSION TO "MOSIS""

"GRANT CREATE SESSION TO "WEBMOSIS""

"GRANT CREATE EXTERNAL JOB TO "MOSIS""

"GRANT UNLIMITED TABLESPACE TO "MOSIS_BATCH""

ORA-01917: user or role 'MOSIS_BATCH' does not exist

"GRANT "RESOURCE" TO "TSMSYS""

ORA-01917: user or role 'TSMSYS' does not exist

"GRANT "M_CONTAINER" TO "MOSIS""

"GRANT "M_CONTAINER" TO "MOSIS_ADMIN""

ORA-01917: user or role 'MOSIS_ADMIN' does not exist

"GRANT "CONNECT" TO "MOSIS_BATCH""

"GRANT "AQ_ADMINISTRATOR_ROLE" TO "MOSIS_BATCH""

"GRANT "AQ_USER_ROLE" TO "MOSIS""

"GRANT "MOSIS_BATCH_OP" TO "MOSIS_BATCH""

"GRANT "DBA" TO "MOSIS_BATCH""

"GRANT "MWEB_DEV" TO "MOSIS""

IMP-00017: following statement failed with ORACLE error 1918:

"ALTER USER "TSMSYS" DEFAULT ROLE ALL"

IMP-00003: ORACLE error 1918 encountered

ORA-01918: user 'TSMSYS' does not exist

"ALTER USER "MOSIS" DEFAULT ROLE ALL"

ORA-01918: user 'MOSIS' does not exist

"ALTER USER "MOSIS_ADMIN" DEFAULT ROLE ALL"

ORA-01918: user 'MOSIS_ADMIN' does not exist

"ALTER USER "WEBMOSIS" DEFAULT ROLE ALL"

ORA-01918: user 'WEBMOSIS' does not exist

"ALTER USER "MOSIS_BATCH" DEFAULT ROLE ALL EXCEPT "DBA""

ORA-01918: user 'MOSIS_BATCH' does not exist

"ALTER USER "MOSIS" GRANT CONNECT THROUGH "BSMITH"    "

"ALTER USER "MOSIS_BATCH" GRANT CONNECT THROUGH "BSMITH"    "

"ALTER USER "WEBMOSIS" GRANT CONNECT THROUGH "BSMITH"    "

"ALTER USER "MOSIS" QUOTA UNLIMITED ON "DATA_LARGE" QUOTA UNLIMITED ON "DATA"

"_XLARGE" QUOTA UNLIMITED ON "INDEXES_SMALL" QUOTA UNLIMITED ON "INDEXES_MED"

"IUM" QUOTA UNLIMITED ON "INDEXES_LARGE" QUOTA UNLIMITED ON "INDEXES_XLARGE""

" QUOTA UNLIMITED ON "LOB_CUST_SUPPORT" QUOTA UNLIMITED ON "DEFAULT_TS" QUOT"

"A UNLIMITED ON "DATA_MEDIUM" QUOTA UNLIMITED ON "DATA_SMALL""

"ALTER USER "MOSIS_ADMIN" QUOTA UNLIMITED ON "INDEXES_XLARGE" QUOTA UNLIMITE"

"D ON "INDEXES_LARGE" QUOTA UNLIMITED ON "INDEXES_MEDIUM" QUOTA UNLIMITED ON"

" "INDEXES_SMALL" QUOTA UNLIMITED ON "DATA_XLARGE" QUOTA UNLIMITED ON "DATA_"

"LARGE" QUOTA UNLIMITED ON "DATA_MEDIUM" QUOTA UNLIMITED ON "DATA_SMALL""

ORA-01918: user 'MOSIS_ADMIN' does not exist

"ALTER USER "WEBMOSIS" QUOTA UNLIMITED ON "INDEXES_XLARGE" QUOTA UNLIMITED O"

"N "INDEXES_LARGE" QUOTA UNLIMITED ON "INDEXES_MEDIUM" QUOTA UNLIMITED ON "I"

"NDEXES_SMALL" QUOTA UNLIMITED ON "DATA_XLARGE" QUOTA UNLIMITED ON "DATA_LAR"

"GE" QUOTA UNLIMITED ON "DATA_MEDIUM" QUOTA UNLIMITED ON "DATA_SMALL" QUOTA "

"UNLIMITED ON "DATA_ALT""

"ALTER USER "MOSIS_BATCH" QUOTA UNLIMITED ON "TOOLS""

. importing BSMITH's objects into BSMITH

. importing DHOLLEN's objects into DHOLLEN

. importing GOLDBERG's objects into GOLDBERG

. importing TRANG's objects into TRANG

. importing PAI's objects into PAI

. importing MOSIS's objects into MOSIS

"ALTER SESSION SET CURRENT_SCHEMA= "MOSIS""

IMP-00003: ORACLE error 1435 encountered

ORA-01435: user does not exist

IMP-00000: Import terminated unsuccessfully

C:\Windows\system32>

• 28. Re: restoring oracle

I tried to do import the dump file.

1. As you can see the initial failures are due to missing folder structure  '/lfs/m_db/oramos10/" with error code 1119. So it can not create any of the tablespaces  :

No - I can NOT see that at all. This is what I see based on what you posted in your previous reply:

OSD-04001: invalid logical block size (OS 2097152)

That file is NOT valid for the OS and DB version you are trying to use it on.

That 'missing folder structure' you mention is what is causing the NEW problems you just posted:

"CREATE UNDO TABLESPACE "UNDO" BLOCKSIZE 8192 DATAFILE  '/lfs/m_db/oramos10/"

"oradata/MPRD/undo01.dbf' SIZE 1073741824       EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL "

ORA-01119: error in creating database file '/lfs/m_db/oramos10/oradata/MPRD/undo01.dbf'

That is pretty straightforward - it can't find that path. Does that path actually exist on the machine you are doing the import on?

import done in WE8MSWIN1252 character set and AL16UTF16 NCHAR character set

export client uses US7ASCII character set (possible charset conversion)

Ok - if you are trying to recover/restore your database why are you using a different character set than the export? Your focus should be on doing things EXACTLY the same way as before until you get the DB up and running. Then you can save the data and do anything you want with it.

• 29. Re: restoring oracle
                                    jgarry

So where did you get the dump file?

We can guess it is a full export since it is trying to create undo tablespace and users.  You could make the directory structure on linux match what the import is expecting to be there.  You could also use the import to create DDL for you to modify to your hearts delight, then precreate the objects on either OS.  You can get the DDL with the SHOW=Y command for original imp.

Also, when people ask you questions back, they are trying to help you, and you should answer what they ask.