5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 28, 2014 1:33 PM by Bunty RSS

EL to identify System pages

Bunty

While navigating using Cog/Gear to system pages like manage members/polls/documents/discussions...

is there an EL(on page template) to identify System page ?

• 1. Re: EL to identify System pages
          vinaykumar2

you can use

Service['serviceId'].configured}

serviceId can be oracle.webcenter.collab.forum or oracle.webcenter.doclib

Returns a Boolean value that indicates whether the WebCenter Portal tool or service represented by the service ID serviceId is configured for use in the current Portal Framework application. For example, the following EL returnstrue if discussions can be used in the application, false otherwise:

#{webcenterService['oracle.webcenter.collab.forum'].configured}

get more information here on Expression Language Expressions - 11g Release 1 (11.1.1.8.3)

• 2. Re: EL to identify System pages
            Daniel Merchán

Hi.

The EL Expressions that you have to use to check Assets (Portal Resources) is the #{srmContext}

To achieve your goal you can do the next trick: #{pageDocBean.createdBy eq 'system'}

The System pages are created by the user "system".

Expression Language Expressions - 11g Release 1 (11.1.1.8.3)

I hope this helps.

• 3. Re: EL to identify System pages
              Bunty

I added <af:outputText value="created by:  #{pageDocBean.createdBy}"  id="opt1" /> to the page template and output on

Portal page

created by: user1

system/business pages

created by:

(I am navigating to these pages from cog/gear)

is there a way to check if the page is part of the navigation model

#{navigationContext.navigationModel['modelPath=/oracle/webcenter/siteresources/scopedMD/s8bba98ff_4cbb_40b8_beee_296c916a23ed/navigations/admin-navigation'].listModel['startNode=/spaceCreatePageAdmin, includeStartNode=true']}

P.S : I am fairly new to portal.

• 4. Re: EL to identify System pages
                Daniel Merchán

Hi.

It is strange, on system pages I'm receiving createdBy: system :/.

(I am navigating to these pages from cog/gear)? Whay it means exactly?.

Are you using multiple navigation models in the same pageTemplate?. If yes... maybe you have to consider using navigationReferences or folders to have just one to avoid issues .

About your question you can try to retrieve the node information using EL Expression from a navigation model. If it retrieves empty then is not part .

I hope this helps.

Regards.

• 5. Re: EL to identify System pages
                  Bunty

don't know why createdBy was not working for me.

I got this resolved... someone from the team recommended me to check for string in URL.

(I am navigating to these pages from cog/gear)? Whay it means exactly?.

when using Top navigation (stretch) page template, you can see the gear icon at the end in header. This navigation retains the Page Template look.