1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 2, 2014 9:32 AM by Guddu1223 RSS

Rendering CSS Files In Webcenter Sites

I’m working with a client here in my country and it doesn’t like the idea of updating the CSS outside of the interfaces of Oracle WebCenter Sites. I’m giving the idea of uploading the CSS using a FTP and deliver the CSS like avisports or firstSiteII using a URI( Uniform Resource Identifier) in the templates, also I saw in the MOS Knowledge database (Oracle Support Document 1531372.1 (Rendering CSS Files In Webcenter Sites) can be found at: https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocumentDisplay?id=1531372.1 ) with a workaround using tags to call the blobServer and then the CSS, but there is a detail with this solution, the site will not be delivered with the application server and all the tools, it will be delivered using Site Capture to make an static site and then it will be delivered.

First question:

1. Do you know another method to manage the CSS of the different sites using Oracle WebCenter Sites?

If we use the MOS Knowledge database the indexed document (Oracle Support Document 1531372.1 Rendering CSS Files In Webcenter Sites can be found at: https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocumentDisplay?id=1531372.1):

1. Do you know if the Site Capture takes all CSS, JSPs and any other elements in the file system?
      2. Do you know if the publishing Delivery Type Export to Disk: Export Web files to disk takes all CSS, JSPs and any other elements in the file system?

Thank you very much in advance.

• 1. Re: Rendering CSS Files In Webcenter Sites
          Guddu1223

Hello,

Not sure if you are looking for what I have mentioned below:

To get reference like it is present for avisport site, just create a folder under webapps/cs/ folder and there you can place your all static files. So if you created folder say "static" and placed all your CSS, JS and Images under it. You can directly call this location via reference, for eg, /static/js/script.js and one more step is that you have to add <context> in server.xml file (if you appserver is Apache tomcat, it is placed under apache-tomcat-XXXX/conf folder) for the "static" folder which you created.

Now suppose you want to add or update some CSS or JS files, if you are using eclipse or some other IDE, you can have ant or maven script to deploy changes in the "static" folder.

I hope this helps or gives you some idea.

Regards,

Guddu