2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2014 8:13 AM by ManishHathi RSS

Cannot obtain XAConnection

ManishHathi

Hello,

I was referred to the WLS community by the moderator in Oracle BI Publisher community for this issue. We are using OBIEE 11g and one of it's component is BI Publisher which uses JNDI connections.

Intermittantly users have informed me that they get an error while running BI Publisher 11g reports. On digging into the bipublisher.log file, I can see some errors such as the following:

Cannot obtain XAConnection weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourceDisabledException: Pool <db connecting name> is Suspended, cannot allocate resources to applications...

at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.reserveResourceInternal(ResourcePoolImpl.java:377)

at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.reserveResource(ResourcePoolImpl.java:342)

at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.reserveResource(ResourcePoolImpl.java:329)

at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionPool.reserve(ConnectionPool.java:417)

at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionPool.reserve(ConnectionPool.java:324)

at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionPoolManager.reserve(ConnectionPoolManager.java:94)

at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionPoolManager.reserve(ConnectionPoolManager.java:63)

at weblogic.jdbc.jta.DataSource.getXAConnectionFromPool(DataSource.java:1677)

at weblogic.jdbc.jta.DataSource.refreshXAConnAndEnlist(DataSource.java:1475)

at weblogic.jdbc.jta.DataSource.getConnection(DataSource.java:446)....................

I was informed in the BI Publisher (MOSC) community that perhaps the Connection Pool settings need to be configured.

My question is whether there are any guidelines on how to size the Maximum Capacity field of the JNDI Connection Pool configuration.

Thanks,

Manish