3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 1, 2014 5:03 AM by Papai RSS

How To Take Backup Of A Particular ODI Project

Papai

Dear Gurus,

I need a help. Actually I need to transfer my ODI source code (not scenario) to another ODI server. So what shall I must export from here so that in other server after importing the project I can edit project, delete, generate scenario from the project, execute scenario etc…  i.e exactly I was able to do in my previous server.

Please help.

Thanks

Papai

• 1. Re: How To Take Backup Of A Particular ODI Project
          Papai

Here is the Sample Error I'm Getting After Importing Done

Created Missing References

Description

Object Type

Object Name

Original ID

SNP_MODFOLDER : Oracle #SNP_MODEL : XXRBS_MODEL #SNP_SUBMODEL : Global #SNP_TABLE : XX_CALENDAR_EXCEPTIONS

Interface

ArgonFileSRC_To_XX_Calendar_ExceptionTRG_INTF

SNP_MODFOLDER : Oracle #SNP_MODEL : XXRBS_MODEL #SNP_SUBMODEL : Global #SNP_TABLE : XX_CALENDAR_EXCEPTIONS #SNP_COL : CENTRE_CODE

Interface Target Column

68001:CENTRE_CODE

SNP_MODFOLDER : Oracle #SNP_MODEL : XXRBS_MODEL #SNP_SUBMODEL : Global #SNP_TABLE : XX_CALENDAR_EXCEPTIONS #SNP_COL : CALENDAR_DATE

Interface Target Column

68001:CALENDAR_DATE

SNP_MODFOLDER : Oracle #SNP_MODEL : XXRBS_MODEL #SNP_SUBMODEL : Global #SNP_TABLE : XX_CALENDAR_EXCEPTIONS #SNP_COL : HOLIDAY_CODE

Interface Target Column

68001:HOLIDAY_CODE

• 2. Re: How To Take Backup Of A Particular ODI Project
            Vinay B-Oracle

Hi Papai,

You can export the project and import it into other server, if you are using ODI 11.1.1.6 and above you can go with smart export/import feature.

Please refer https://blogs.oracle.com/dataintegration/entry/new_feature_in_odi_111 for further understanding on Import/Export features.

Thanks

Vinay B

• 3. Re: How To Take Backup Of A Particular ODI Project
              Papai

Hi Vinay,

Thanks for the reply. But for the interface ((eg. One For Interface CKM))smart import I'm facing a problem. I have tried with all the options like merge,overwrite,ignore,reuse and copy but still the red cross exist and it hinders the smart import.

Thanks

Papai