5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2014 7:13 AM by Nowshad-Oracle RSS

Formatting an FR Studio Book's table of contents

Is it possible to format a table of contents of a Book in FR Studio 11.1.2.2? When I change the page layout from portrait to landscape it bolds all the text in my table of contents and it also hides the name of the book (which use to be the header before). Has anyone ran into this issue before?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Formatting an FR Studio Book's table of contents
          Nowshad-Oracle

Hi,

Please clarify couple of things here.

When you change the page layout from portrait to landscape it bold all the text in  table of contents and it also hides the name of the book  and display in landscape or portrait?

Is this issue for all the reports are any particular report?

Please try applying the patch which has a fix for some landscape and portrait issue :   Patch 16484903 Hyperion BI+ Financial Reporting 11.1.2.2.305 Patch Set Update (PSU)

Also as a Workaround you can try this before applying the patch

1. Open the template from the following location using Microsoft WORD:

<MWH>\EPMSystem11R1\products\financialreporting\bin\toc-template.rtf

2.  Change the Orientation from 'Portrait' to 'Landscape'.

3. Save the document.

There is no need to restart the services.
          The orientation saved for this template is reflected in the Table of Contents page of the "Complete Book to PDF"

Regards,

Nowshad.

( Mark this as helpful as it really helped you )

• 2. Re: Formatting an FR Studio Book's table of contents
            Nowshad-Oracle

Hi,

Are you able to get pass this issue. If Yes please close this post by marking the Correct / Helpful answer.

Regards,

Nowshad.

• 3. Re: Formatting an FR Studio Book's table of contents

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNGThanks Nowshad!

We changed the template to landscape and it works for this specific book as long as the book is setup to print the TOC in portrait orientation - it pdfs the TOC in landscape orientation with the correct formatting. If I change the book setup to landscape it hides the title of the book and bolds everything in the TOC.

My problem now is that the tables of content in every book are printing in landscape orientation. Do you know of any way to customize this or point me in the right direction to find documentation on it?

Thanks,

Nicolas

• 4. Re: Formatting an FR Studio Book's table of contents

Hi Nowshad,

I found the template for landscape orientation in the same folder, tweaked it, and that solved the problem.

Thanks!

• 5. Re: Formatting an FR Studio Book's table of contents
                  Nowshad-Oracle

Hi,

Good to know that you get passed this issue. Mark the correct answer and close the post.

Regards,

Nowshad.