That's fixed in v4.0.2
Just installed 126.96.36.199 and the same thing happens.
I put a select sysdate from dual into the child report and I get a new cursor for every refresh when the parent refreshes.
Maybe this will help. This does not appear to happen when the child is set to refresh. Only when the parent is.
I'm not seeing that behavior. I'm counting open cursors by going against v$statname where name = 'opened cursors current'
I am not sure what is different about what I am doing but here is a child report showing the value of opened cursors current and it count goes up with refreshes.
This also only happens when the type is set to table. It does not happen if the type is set to script.
I can gather anything else you think would be useful but I am not sure what else to add.
select * from v$session where username = 'DBA_MONITOR'
Child query - Hardcoded SID to make sure it was showing right one.
select sysdate, stat.sid,
from v$sesstat stat,
where stat.sid = 617
and stat.sid = sess.sid
and statname.statistic# = stat.statistic#
and statname.name = 'opened cursors current'
It took a few minutes to find the exact reproducible scenario - a bit different than the one originally reported that we did FIX.
But, two things:
- thanks for the effort here and reporting this
- I've reopened the bug with a high priority and hope to have it addressed for our next update