11 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2014 12:43 PM by dvohra21 RSS

Message 850 not found; No message file for product=NETWORK

BAO.SZ

I have a jdev 11.1.1.7 and XE 11.2.0 installed in my computer which have a Windows 7 OS.

They work well until yesterday (i did some modification of evenviroment variables), and now I:

1. cannot run promgrams need to connect to a db in jdev with error message:

IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

2.cannot launch SQL*PLUS from windows startup.

3. can run:

C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\server\bin\tnslsnr.exe  

(WITH NO PROMPT)

but get error msg when run

C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\server\bin\lsnrctl.exe

Message 850 not found; no message file for product=network,facility=NLLSNRCTL

I have tried:

1. reset ORACLE_HOME origianl state; but cannot work.

2. reinstall both jdev 11.1.1.7 and XE 11.2.0 with enviroment configuration like these

PATH= C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;%JAVA_HOME%\bin;%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin;

ORACLE_HOME=C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\;c:\oracle\middleware\oracle_home\;

but all above don't work. still give error msg as before.

and I also checked a similar post in this forum:

But I got no idea yet.

Can anyone give some help?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Message 850 not found; No message file for product=NETWORK
          rohanwalia

Did you connected you machine to any VPN or any other network which changed IP of your machine. If yes, remove all the nw connections and try restarting machine.

Thanks

• 2. Re: Message 850 not found; No message file for product=NETWORK
            Timo Hahn

What changed to the evenviroment variables did you make?

Have you tried to undo them?

Timo

• 3. Re: Message 850 not found; No message file for product=NETWORK
              BAO.SZ

hi,rohanwalia,

I use my local machine, no connection to any servers.

and I have tried to restart my computer several times after have reinstalled both ORACLE XE 11.2 and jdev 11.1.1.7.

Thanks.

and here is the listener.ora:

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
                (SID_LIST =
                  (SID_DESC =
                    (SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
                    (ORACLE_HOME = C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server)
                    (PROGRAM = extproc)
                  )
                  (SID_DESC =
                    (SID_NAME = CLRExtProc)
                    (ORACLE_HOME = C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server)
                    (PROGRAM = extproc)
                  )
                )

LISTENER =
                (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
                  (DESCRIPTION =
                    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC1))
                    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 127.0.0.1)(PORT = 1521))
                  )
                )

DEFAULT_SERVICE_LISTENER = (XE)

• 4. Re: Message 850 not found; No message file for product=NETWORK
                BAO.SZ

Hi, Timo,

I have tried to undo enviroment variables changes i made yesterday but maybe cannot recover to the original one as i hadn't wrote it down.

Here are the variables i think it's OK after I have reinstalled XE and jdev. but they just don't work.

(What frustrate me most is Even after I have uninstalled and reinstalled both XE and Jdev, It cannot work correctly yet.)

(from WINDOWS-CONFIGURATIONS-...)

PATH = C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\bin;;C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;%JAVA_HOME%\bin;%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin;

ORACLE_HOME =  C:\ORACLEXE\APP\ORACLE\product\11.2.0\server\bin;C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home;

a slight diffenrence i got from regedit file is:

ORACLE_HOME   C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server

ORACLE_BASE    C:\oraclexe\app\oracle

Thanks.

• 5. Re: Message 850 not found; No message file for product=NETWORK
                  BAO.SZ

Two other ora files:

C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\network\ADMIN\sqlnet.ora

# This file is actually generated by netca. But if customers choose to
                  # install "Software Only", this file wont exist and without the native
                  # authentication, they will not be able to connect to the database on NT.

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NTS)

C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\network\ADMIN\tnsnames.ora

XE =
                    (DESCRIPTION =
                      (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 127.0.0.1)(PORT = 1521))
                      (CONNECT_DATA =
                        (SERVER = DEDICATED)
                        (SERVICE_NAME = XE)
                      )
                    )

EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA =
                    (DESCRIPTION =
                      (ADDRESS_LIST =
                      )
                      (CONNECT_DATA =
                        (SID = PLSExtProc)
                        (PRESENTATION = RO)
                      )
                    )

ORACLR_CONNECTION_DATA =
                    (DESCRIPTION =
                      (ADDRESS_LIST =
                      )
                      (CONNECT_DATA =
                        (SID = CLRExtProc)
                        (PRESENTATION = RO)
                      )
                    )

Thanks!

• 6. Re: Message 850 not found; No message file for product=NETWORK
                    BAO.SZ

some more error msgs:

c:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0.0\server\bin>sqlplus

Error 6 initializing SQL*Plus

SP2-0667: Message file sp1<lang>.msb not found

SP2-0750: You may need to set ORACLE_HOME to your Oracle software directory

There are altogether 25 *.msb files in this directory:

C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\network\mesg

• 7. Re: Message 850 not found; No message file for product=NETWORK
                      dvohra21

Add $ORACLE_HOME/bin to PATH env variable.

• 8. Re: Message 850 not found; No message file for product=NETWORK
                        BAO.SZ

Hi,dvohra21,

In last PATH env viriable setting, there was the $ORALCE_HOME information included--C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\bin

C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;%JAVA_HOME%\bin;%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin;

And even if I add $ORACLE_HOME\bin,  or

%ORACLE_HOME%\bin;

to the PATH setting,  the issue remains, give the same error msg.

Can you give some more tips.

Thank you very much!

• 9. Re: Message 850 not found; No message file for product=NETWORK
                          dvohra21

Not just the ORACLE_HOME information is required but the ORACLE_HOME is required to be set.

Is ORACLE_HOME set to

C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server

• 10. Re: Message 850 not found; No message file for product=NETWORK
                            dvohra21

Why are two ORACLE_HOME values set?

ORACLE_HOME=C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\;c:\oracle\middleware\oracle_home\;

Also remove the extra '\', which is sometimes significant, at the end of C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server\.

• 11. Re: Message 850 not found; No message file for product=NETWORK
                              BAO.SZ

Hi,dvohra21:

I made the try and find you are right that there shouldn't be more than one value for ORACLE_HOME setting, and should also remove the extra "\" and ";" at the end of the directory.

I remember that in Window command  when use the REGEDIT to view, ORACLE_HOME = C:\oracle\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server which is right,

but in the Windows configuaration file, I add an extra value to ORACLE_HOME c:\oracle\middleware\oracle_home\; which I think it's set for jdev.(I'm still wonder do we need to set a ORACLE_HOME for jdev?)

And this extra value of ORACLE_HOME make the ORACLE XE cannot be startup.

I made some search in forums these days and found pretty a lot of threads were about this same issue, but none of them mentioned this "extra value for ORACLE_HOME",

and THIS TROUBLED ME TWO DAYS, --Sometimes, it's really a trickily and frustrating enough job.

Now so many thanks for dvohra21 and all experts who have give advice for me.