3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 6, 2014 4:10 PM by salute-Salem RSS

ora-01400

salute-Salem

dev 6i , db 10g rel2 , and win 8 ,

hi ,

i have a master detail blocks ,

- the master has (order_id) .

- the detail has (order_id) and a button , and other items .

what should happen is

, when i enter any field of the detail block , the order_id should be assigned to the order_id in the detail block , but

this does not happen if i click the button in the detail to show a lov from which i should choose values to be assigned to two text-items in the detail block ,

and it is not assigned even after i move the cursor into any item after i click the button ,

it does not assign the value unless i move the cursor into an item in the detail block without clicking the button ??

why does this happen ?

p.s : i think the problem is that the button's "Mouse Navigate" property is set to "no" , because i changed it , and it assigns the value now ,

but i have to make it "No" ,because the text-item beside it is required .

• 1. Re: ora-01400
          Andreas Weiden

Hard to tell WHY its not assigned if you don't tell us how it SHOULD be assigned? Did you write code to do so? Did you create a relation between your master and detail-block(which is the preferred way)?

• 2. Re: ora-01400
            salute-Salem

yes , of course , there is a master detail relation between the two blocks .

i think the problem is that the button's "Mouse Navigate" property is set to "no" , because i changed it , and it assigns the value now ,

but i have to make it "No" ,because the text-item beside it is required .

• 3. Re: ora-01400
              salute-Salem

i found it ,

i can make the field required , and the mouse navigate = no , but

i should change the property of "validatioin unit" to "record" , not default which is item .

thanks a lot