0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2014 10:22 AM by Aumar Agha

Pros and Cons of requisition approval versus PO approval -particularly when Procurement/Projects/AME are implemented

Aumar Agha

Chaps I am looking for a summary of the Pros and Cons of requisition approval versus PO approval -particularly when Procurement/Projects/AME are implemented. Could you give me your thoughts?

My thoughts are that Requisition approval has advantages over PO approval in that:

1. if a BPA/CPA/Sourcing Rule etc is set up then a PO can be automatically created often from an approved Requisition so there would be less manual input from buyers to perform the PO autocreate process.
      2. AME for Requisitions is historic functionality and potentially would not need EBS to be patched to the appropriate level for AME PO approval to operate.
      3. Less unapproved/rejected/cancelled POs floating in the system

The disadvantage/ business investment would be:

1. time to set up and test agreements/autocreation
      2. change business process/training etc if the business are used to approving POs

Apart from the change mgt issues why would we choose PO approval rather than Requisition approval when iProcurement is deployed, are there any benefits to this approach, is there any benefit to Projects in having the system work this way? Any white papers etc that could outline the case for/against?

Seems a no-brainer to have Requisition rather than PO approval, why go for PO approval at all apart from business process?