0 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2014 11:48 AM by Sentinel RSS

command line reporting using sdcli of a PL/SQL DBMS Output report generates an end-of-file error

Sentinel

I'm attempting to use the SQL Developer Command Line tool (sdcli) to run a report of type PS/SQL DBMS Output.  However when attempting to run such a report the tool chokes with the following error message:

C:\Temp>sdcli64 reports generate -file c:\temp\results -db MY_DB -report "New Employees (HTML)"
      Command failed:
      java.sql.SQLException: ORA-06550: line 1, column 4908:
      PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "end-of-file" when expecting one of the following:

( begin case declare end exception exit for goto if loop mod
         null pragma raise return select update while with
         <an identifier> <a double-quoted delimited-identifier>
         <a bind variable> << continue close current delete fetch lock
         insert open rollback savepoint set sql execute commit forall
         merge pipe purge

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:445)
              at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:396)
              at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.processError(T4C8Oall.java:879)
              at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.receive(T4CTTIfun.java:450)
              at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.doRPC(T4CTTIfun.java:192)
              at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.doOALL(T4C8Oall.java:531)
              at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CCallableStatement.doOall8(T4CCallableStatement.java:204)
              at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CCallableStatement.executeForRows(T4CCallableStatement.java:1041)
              at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1329)
              at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeInternal(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3584)
              at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.execute(OraclePreparedStatement.java:3685)
              at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleCallableStatement.execute(OracleCallableStatement.java:4714)
              at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatementWrapper.execute(OraclePreparedStatementWrapper.java:1376)
              at oracle.dbtools.raptor.controls.display.html.PLSQLHtmlGenerator.generateHtml(PLSQLHtmlGenerator.java:64)
              at oracle.dbtools.raptor.controls.display.DisplayHtml.generateStyleSpecificHtml(DisplayHtml.java:391)
              at oracle.dbtools.raptor.controls.display.DisplayHtml.generateModelHtml(DisplayHtml.java:325)
              at oracle.dbtools.raptor.controls.display.DisplayHtml.generateHtml(DisplayHtml.java:261)
              at oracle.dbtools.raptor.controls.display.DisplayHtml.generate(DisplayHtml.java:202)
              at oracle.dbtools.raptor.report.headless.ReportsProcessor$GenerateReportTask.doWork(ReportsProcessor.java:101)
              at oracle.dbtools.raptor.report.headless.ReportsProcessor$GenerateReportTask.doWork(ReportsProcessor.java:39)
              at oracle.dbtools.raptor.backgroundTask.RaptorTask.call(RaptorTask.java:193)
              at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
              at oracle.dbtools.raptor.backgroundTask.RaptorTaskManager$RaptorFutureTask.run(RaptorTaskManager.java:554)
              at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
              at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
              at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
              at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

The report uses DBMS_OUTPUT to write well structured HTML tags (headers, tables , rows, and table data).  When run interactively the report works fine, but it fails when trying to run it with the sdcli.exe command.  Switching to a Table Type report  (using just the driving query) I'm able to get the data output, but I'd prefer to use the DBMS_OUTPUT statements so I can format the data according to my needs rather than the generic formatting that the Table Type reports get.

I'm currently running the following version:

SQL Developer 4.0.2.15 build 15.21

Has this been encountered before, if so is there a fix, if not has it been bugged yet?