0 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2014 5:40 PM by 2694934 RSS

ERROR:ORA-00942: table or view does not exist while running ConfigureGC.sh

Hi all,

I am trying to upgrade our existing 10.2.0.5 GC to 12.1.0.4 CC using 2-system upgrade approach. i performed following activities

cloned existing 10.2.0.5 OMS repository to new database using RMAN and upgraded it to 11.2.0.3.

Installed OEM 12c binaries on target servers. both OMS db repository and OMS are going be reside on same 2 node RAC cluster.

however when im trying to invoke upgrade through ConfigureGC.sh i get following error on the GUI screen

ERROR:ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Unable to connect to the database and validate whether it is a supported database due to one of the following reasons:

(1) Incorrect credentials

(2) Listener may be down

(3) Database may be down.

Check the credentials, the status of the listener and the database, and retry.

However all of the three possible conditions which are resposible for above error are working fine . I am able to establish a remote connectivity to new OMS repository database without any issue. but unable to understand why  ConfigureGC.sh is not able to go forward.

I am able to connect to both instances of my new OMS repository database using sys and sysman credentials. Please help me in fixing this issue

SQL> conn sysman/<sysman pass>@emccrepo

Connected.

SQL> conn sys/<syspass>@emccrepo

ERROR:

ORA-28009: connection as SYS should be as SYSDBA or SYSOPER

alppdbs021:{emccrepo1}:/orabase/product/11.2.0.3/db_1/network/admin >tnsping emccrepo

TNS Ping Utility for Linux: Version 11.2.0.3.0 - Production on 04-AUG-2014 15:57:32

Copyright (c) 1997, 2011, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Used parameter files:

Used TNSNAMES adapter to resolve the alias

Attempting to contact (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = oracluster002.wm.com)(PORT = 1521)) (LOAD_BALANCE = yes) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME = emccrepo)))

OK (10 msec)

Warning: You are no longer connected to ORACLE.

SQL> conn sys/<syspass>@emccrepo as sysdba

Connected.