1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 7, 2014 3:05 PM by rp0428

How to create xml connection file from an text file ?

fmsilva2

Hello to all !

I have na text file with about 200 connections, how can i import this connections to sql developer ?

Thanks

Fernando

• 1. Re: How to create xml connection file from an text file ?
              I have na text file with about 200 connections, how can i import this connections to sql developer ?

As far as I know you can't.

Are you talking about a TNSNAMES.ORA file with OCI client connections?

The only thing I can suggest is to create appropriate XML entries for each connection and then add them to the 'connections.xml' file that sql developer uses to store those entries.

1. Create a sample TNS connection in sql developer.

2. Examine the entry for that connection in the 'connections.xml' file

3. Create and format similar entries for the names/data in your 'text file'

4. Add those entries to the 'connections.xml' file

It will probably be easier to just manually copy/clone an existing xml file entry in an editor and manually change the name/port/etc that to try to write code to do that.

A sample entry (this one is for a BASIC -thin connection) will start like this:

<Reference name="scott" className="oracle.jdeveloper.db.adapter.DatabaseProvider" xmlns="">

<Factory className="oracle.jdevimpl.db.adapter.DatabaseProviderFactory1212"/>

<RefAddresses>

<StringRefAddr addrType="OracleConnectionType">

<Contents>BASIC</Contents>

</StringRefAddr>

<StringRefAddr addrType="oraDriverType">

<Contents>thin</Contents>

</StringRefAddr>

<StringRefAddr addrType="port">

<Contents>1521</Contents>

</StringRefAddr>

<StringRefAddr addrType="user">

<Contents>scott</Contents>

</StringRefAddr>

. . .

There are more 'StringRefAddr' entries. You can see the ones above for OracleConnectionType, oraDriverType, port and user.