4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 18, 2014 6:03 AM by user13325223 RSS

Using LCM

user13325223

Hi,

Can anyone please guide me how I can import and export web forms and other artifacts using LCM 11.1.2.2? I do not have access to the planning server but want to keep backup of the artifacts if required to create new application in future.

• 1. Re: Using LCM
          Vikram B

Hello,

From your workspace Navigate->Administer->Shared Services Console->Application Groups. Choose the application you want to export.

But all these go and sit under <<Middleware Home>>\user_projects\epmsystem1\import_export folder unless you have configured it in separate place apart from the server, atleast in 11.1.2.3 so question is how would you get it from the server.

Thanks

(Please mark this post as helpful or correct if it helps you)

• 3. Re: Using LCM
            M0hsin

Hi,

I just migrated a number of HP apps from one environment to another and used the following steps to backup the complete set of artifacts:

Step 1: Open Shared Services

1.gif

Step 2: Identify Artifacts required to restore an HP App

2.gif

You will find all HP app artifacts under the Foundation and HyperionPlanning folders within Shared Services ->Application Managment -> Application Groups. For this example I will be migrating all artifacts(shown in red boxes) for app AM001.  The is no particular order you need to back these up.

Step 3: Backing up  EPM Architect artifacts

3.gif

You only need the the ticked artifacts under Application Metadata->Planning Application->APPNAME(AM001)

Step 4: Backing up HyperionPlanning artifacts

4.gif

Again only require the artifacts which have a tick next to them.

Step 5: Backing up Calculation Manager artifacts

5.gif

Step 6: Backing up Shared Services artifacts

6.gif

And the shared services artifacts.  I'm presuming that you will be pressing the Export button in the bottom right hand corner each time you select a particular set of artifacts and given them appropriate unique names for easy identification.  Done. You have all artifacts required(except the Essbase data) to restore a HP app in any similar environment.

You can find all exported artifacts under:

7.gif

Let me know if this helped and I can show you how to import them back into a environment aswell.

Cheers

M

• 4. Re: Using LCM
              user13325223

Thanks M0hsin...its really very helpful.