Is there any documentation or has anyone done any work on controlling the adapter SDK to make synthetic and integration tests through Java/JUnit?
I have had a closer look at the adapter SDK, and found that it could be a nice starting point for making three kinds of tests:
Adapter internal business logic test
- 100% synthetic. Surrounding environment is mocked up.
Adapter vs Core system test
- Connection to the hub (adapter) is mocked.
- Tests communication between the Bridge and the Core system
- Can also test the interface from the Core System to the Bridge
Adapter - Hub - Adapter test
- The hub is tested as a black box
- Adapters can be set up and orchestrated to test workflows where a singel event triggers communication with several adapters.
I've build a mock Agent class (And mock MessageObject) to Junit test our custom Adapter.
It works great, but i'm still having some problems to determine how my mock agent should behave when I send a message back to the OIC hub (vai the agent). My Mock class accepts it, but the real world (in a complete development environment) one complains about 'no, is not async' So i still have to figure out how to reply correctly on a request in a custom adapter. I will post a seperate question on this one..