1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 12, 2014 10:00 AM by 972657 RSS

Slow Connection Speed on one node in a 2 node RAC set up

hi all

Having a bit of trouble with one of the nodes in a 2 node RAC set up
      We have traffic being sent directly to the node in question (using a serivce that only runs on Node 1)

Forced connection to this node (sqlplus) from a remote application server takes 3 times longer than it does if we force conneciton to the second RAC node.

If I try and connect locally - the conneciton speed is instant -

There are NO performance issues with the server

There are NO perfromance issues with the instance / database - this is only noticed when making the initial connection

I have been around the network for the node and can see nothing wrong - so was wondering if there was anything you guys might have experienced whereas conneciton time is slow for one node only (949 ms - compared to 247 ms on node 2)

• 1. Re: Slow Connection Speed on one node in a 2 node RAC set up

If anyone out there is interested or comes accross this issue

The problem turned out to be mount point options pm the Linux Volumes

I had them configured as part of best practice for RAC / NetApp / Direct NFS - hjowever I also had individual binaries for both nodes so as to have greater availability.

Thereffore I should have had the mount options for SINGLE NODE.

Change was to

- shutdown the instance

- unmoiunt the binaries

- change the following on fstab

<mount>          <volume>             nfs   rw,bg,hard,nointr,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,tcp,vers=3,timeo=600,actimeo=0        0 0

to

<mount>          <volume>             nfs    rw,bg,hard,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,vers=3,nointr,timeo=600,tcp

- startup the instance and repeat on Node 2