6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2014 4:56 AM by Bishnu Choudhury RSS

Automatic allocation of min-max move orders

Hello ,

A subinventory has  3 locators, each locator has capacity of 100 EA.

I run min max for that subinventory, it will create a Move order of 300 qty.

I want this MO to be automatically allocated & transacted . 100 qty on each locator should be automatically allocated & transacted.

Basically replenishment should happen automatically.

Please help.

• 1. Re: Automatic allocation of min-max move orders
          EasyAZrd

Dear "Please help":

What business process or problem are you trying to solve?  If you want to set the system up to "Auto-magically" move the quantities that may very well be possible.  However, how is the material going to be "physically" moved from its Source to the Min-Max-Controlled Locator(s)?

Are you "assuming" someone or something is going to go to the Source Locators, accurately 'pick' and/or 'scan' the correct quantities and Drop or put those exactly same quantities into the correct locator?

You can setup Min-Max to create the recommendations, auto-create the Move Orders, and set the Move Order to Time-out after ZERO days, and assume the product has been moved.

I AM ALMOST 100% positive that is not what the business wants to happen.

Again, what is the business process, and what is the problem you're trying to solve?

Would love to help, but need more data.

Ron

• 2. Re: Automatic allocation of min-max move orders

This is NOT a WMS environment.

Business Wants:

1) The subinventory to never run out of stock for some items.  Even if the stock in this SI is reduced, it should be immediately replenished; from another SI which is a bulk storage.

2) If the stock goes below a level, there should be a notification to user about this and system should NOT wait for the operator to physically move goods.

3) The locators have capacity , which system should honor.

From this 'Never out of stock' sub inventory, they want to pick release saled orders.

- Sapan

• 3. Re: Automatic allocation of min-max move orders
              EasyAZrd

From the Inventory User-guide:

Select the Inventory Parameters tab.

In the Move Order Time-out Period field, enter the maximum number of days a move order requisition can wait for approval.

The workflow approval process sends a notification to the item planner when a move order requisition requires approval. After the first time-out period, if the recipient has not approved or rejected the order, the system sends a reminder notice. After the second time-out period, the system automatically rejects or approves the order depending on whether you select Approve automatically or Reject automatically in the Move Order Time-out Action field.

Select a Move Order Time-out Action:

Approve automatically: After the second time-out period, the system automatically approves move order requisitions. Select this option and set the Move Order Time-out Period to 0 if you want to bypass the move order approval process and automatically approve move order requisitions.

Reject automatically: After the second time-out period, the system automatically rejects move order requisitions.

I would put Zero (0) days for move order Time Out and APPROVE Automatically.

Set up the Items/Locators you would like to monitor and set-up the system to run MIN/MAX report very 2-3 minutes and:

Enter Yes or No to indicate whether to restock. If you have set the Planning Level to Organization, the report generates requisitions or jobs according to the item's Make/Buy flag. If you have set the Planning Level toSubinventory, the report generates only requisitions.

This would create the replenishment Move Orders you need.

• 4. Re: Automatic allocation of min-max move orders

Here starts the exact question.

I am good till running Min max & creating the Repl. Move Orders.

But now business want system to auto matically allocate the MOs and transact them.

Hope you read the earlier posts for exact question.

• 5. Re: Automatic allocation of min-max move orders
                  EasyAZrd

I read the earlier posts.  Did you read all the responses? 

I would put Zero (0) days for move order Time Out and APPROVE Automatically.  That is directly from the User-guide.

• 6. Re: Automatic allocation of min-max move orders
                    Bishnu Choudhury

You can schedule the Min-Max Planning report with the Restock parameter as Yes in a required frequency.

So once system will run this report as part of scheduling as and when required the Min-Max planning will auto replenish the stock.

Min-Max setup should have been setup properly for the items.