1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 11, 2014 12:54 AM by Francisco Amores

EBS Native Adapter

Roshin

Hi All , We are using FDMEE to pull the data from Oracle EBS . I would like to know on the Business front what is this data which is been pulled by FDMEE using the native ebs adapter . I can see the amount so i would like to know is this is a Closing Balances or Opening balances or Trial Balances . Please advise on this . Thanks, Roshin

• 1. Re: EBS Native Adapter
          Francisco Amores

Hi,

in FDMEE you can select which amount you extract for both BS Accounts and IS Accounts:

• If you select YTD: you extract the Year-to-date account balance, where account balances are accumulated from the beginning of the year to the current period. Typically, balance sheet accounts (assets,liabilities, and equities) are specified with a YTD balance
          • If you select Periodic: you extract Account balance for the specific period. Typically, income statement accounts (revenues and expenses) are specified with a PTD balance

Technically when you select PTD for BS and/or IS accounts, FDMEE does something like:

AMOUNT = PERIOD_NET_DR - PERIOD_NET_CR

On the other hand, if you select YTD:     

AMOUNT = BEGIN_BALANCE_DR - BEGIN_BALANCE_CR + PERIOD_NET_DR - PERIOD_NET_CR

I hope that clarifies.

Regards