Hello Glenn, Thanks for your response.
We are in the process of migration. As per my current observation, when i migrated the V7 otl file to 220.127.116.11 the count of dimension members matching but the count of stored members in the dimensions are less when compared to V7 for some dimensions. As the count of members are in thousands am not able to find where the exact difference issue is coming up.
Do you guys have any idea on this ? is this something i have to look more ?
I started testing of all script files, still haven't reached the Data load part will concentrate more on this part as you suggested.
It's a guess, but the only reason I can think of for differing stored member counts is different implied share handling. But if anything I would expect more stored members in the newer environment. Could you post the .cfg files from the two servers?
Maybe if you have a dimension with a relatively small difference in count, you could find all the possible implied shares (i.e. parents with one child, or parents with only one child with a + consolidation oeprator) and see if that makes sense.
Thanks for the update.As per your update am looking for the implied shared objects, but as you said i have less stored members in new version than the old version. The count of members in a dimension are matching.
I am more concern about this, Will this create any problem in future ?
I haven't edited the configuration file till now. Please have a look on the configuration file of old and new server.
The following entry specifies the full path to JVM.DLL
; The following entry specifies the full path to JVM.DLL
; JvmModuleLocation $J(EPM_ORACLE_HOME)/../jdk160_35/jre/lib/sparc/server/libjvm.so
BPM_Oracle_DriverDescriptor "DataDirect 7.0 Oracle Wire Protocol"
BPM_DB2_DriverDescriptor "DataDirect 7.0 DB2 Wire Protocol"
;BPM_SQLServer_DriverDescriptor "DataDirect 7.0 SQL Server Native Wire Protocol"
BPM_SQLServer_DriverDescriptor "DataDirect 7.0 SQL Server Wire Protocol"
;BPM_ORACLEBI_DriverDescriptor "Oracle BI Server 11g_OHXXXX"
BPM_ORACLEBI_DriverDescriptor "Oracle BI Server"
BPM_MySQL_DriverDescriptor "DataDirect 7.0 MySQL Wire Protocol
Please suggest me if you find something in this.
I didn't find any difference between the two version, i have found a similar thread Re: Cube migration.
Is this a known issue? Will it cause any issue in future ?
I did some random testing with calc scripts, data load, etc., till now it looks fine. My main script includes a bunch of calc scripts , data loads, Maxl scripts, shell scripts, perl scripts.. etc., May be i have to check with complete run.
Please guide me if you have some more thoughts to figure out the issue.
Thanks for your response.
I don't, sorry - it's interesting that other people have noticed the same thing with respect to v7 upgrades. My guess would be that it will be harmless (especially since your testing looks good) but I can't be certain.
Unfortunately the Cumulative Feature Overview tool doesn't go back to v7, so if there was an enhancement or change in implied share handling it might require going back through the ReadMe files for each release.
It would still be interesting to track down one of the members affected, but it might involve trial and error (cutting branches out of a copy of an old app and a copy of the same app on the new platform, for example).