7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2014 4:18 AM by Arif Khadas RSS

Horizontal Space between two regions on same row

Arif Khadas

Dear All,

There is lot of free space between two regions on the same row.

I tried out some of the different region templates but the horizontal space between the regions is almost the same.

How can I control the space between two regions or at least minimize this space to the minimum.

Theme : Light Blue - 15

Page Template : One Level Tab

Region Template : Sidebar Resion

Application Express 4.2.2.00.11

Thanks and Regards

Arif Khadas

• 1. Re: Horizontal Space between two regions on same row
          fac586

Arif Khadas wrote:

There is lot of free space between two regions on the same row.

I tried out some of the different region templates but the horizontal space between the regions is almost the same.

How can I control the space between two regions or at least minimize this space to the minimum.

Theme : Light Blue - 15

Page Template : One Level Tab

Region Template : Sidebar Resion

Application Express 4.2.2.00.11

You're asking about 2 regions but you've only posted details of one region template, and no information on which region positions are used or what the relationship of the regions to each other is.

Reproduce the problem on apex.oracle.com so we can see it clearly.

• 2. Re: Horizontal Space between two regions on same row
            Arif Khadas

Thanks for your reply fac586.

Both the regions are using same template.

I am using Page Template region Position 2, I also tried on Page Template Body 2.

• 3. Re: Horizontal Space between two regions on same row
              fac586

There are too many variables in visual formatting and layout: we need to see what you are doing.

Reproduce the problem on apex.oracle.com.

If you'd done this when posting the original question the problem would be now be solved...

• 4. Re: Horizontal Space between two regions on same row
                Arif Khadas

Sometimes its not easy to reproduce the problem on apex.oracle.com.

Anyways I have done it here https://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=19032:1:0:::::

• 5. Re: Horizontal Space between two regions on same row
                  fac586

Arif Khadas wrote:

Possibly—when the problem involves lots of database objects, data, or jQuery plugins—but that is not the case here.

Is that really an accurate reproduction of the problem? Your regions contain simple 2-column reports? Why are you using the sidebar region template in a non-sidebar region position?

Looks like the easiest way to eliminate the spacing (which is caused by the One Level Tabs page template Region Table Attributes property specifying width="100%", which it might not be a good idea to change) is to create a container HTML region with template Region without Buttons and Titles in region position 2, and make this the parent of the 2 sidebar regions.

• 6. Re: Horizontal Space between two regions on same row
                    Arif Khadas

Thanks once again for your help.

fac586 wrote:

Arif Khadas wrote:

Possibly—when the problem involves lots of database objects, data, or jQuery plugins—but that is not the case here.

Yes I have lots of Data Objects like tables, Packages etc which I do not want to replicate on APEX.

fac586 wrote:

Is that really an accurate reproduction of the problem? Your regions contain simple 2-column reports? Why do you want the regions arranged horizontally in a sidebar, which by convention normally has vertical orientation?

Yes this is what my question relates too, I have clearly mentioned there is horizontal space between two regions, which I want to minimise

I do now want this gap, If I will add one more region it goes out of the screen.

I have one more region above this which might require the user to scroll to the right.

The case is not just with the sidebar, the same thing happens after using reports region.

I just replicated on APEX the part which relates to my problem, that is horizontal space between regions. why is this?

• 7. Re: Horizontal Space between two regions on same row
                      Arif Khadas

fac586 wrote:

Looks like the easiest way to eliminate the spacing (which is caused by the One Level Tabs page template Region Table Attributes property specifying width="100%", which it might not be a good idea to change) is to create a container HTML region with template Region without Buttons and Titles in region position 2, and make this the parent of the 2 sidebar regions.

This works great the parent region idea. Thanks