0 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2014 4:01 PM by 2732293 RSS

Differences in Proxy Generation/Hot code generation between 10.3.4 & 10.3.6?

We have a Java Application deployed as a WAR file.

This application runs without issues on WL 10.3.4.

When we are trying to upgrade the exact same app to WebLogic 10.3.6, we are running into the following exceptions:

Error setting up the Naming Context for the Remote Connection

javax.naming.NamingException [Root exception is java.rmi.RemoteException: Failed to download the Skeleton into applet from server through ClasspathServlet.; nested exception is:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.xxxx.xxx.xxxxxxxxxxRemoteImpl_WLSkel

After some research, I managed to generate the missing _WLSkel class by manually running weblogic.rmic and specifying the xxxxxxxxxxRemoteImpl class. This generated a corresponding 

xxxxxxxxxxRemoteImpl_WLSkel file that was then packaged into the WAR.

However all available documentation states that this should have happened automatically e.g. see here:

Using the WebLogic RMI Compiler - 12c Release 1 (12.1.1)

The question I have is why does this Proxy generation not work with 10.3.6 while working with 10.3.4?

Has there been any changes to this particular process between 10.3.4 & later releases? This is very surprising considering that a manual generation does work....

Is there some setting/file that controls this feature? My impression is it is turned on by default.

Thanks